GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Martin3103 said:
Any one know if this effects the Terrain.
Thanks for posting this is the main Terrain forum. I may have missed this otherwise.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
I would be happy to look into recall information for your vehicle. I would need the VIN# for the vehicle and then I will be able to let you know if the recall applies to you and your vehicle. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well mine is a 2010, and one of a very few issues with my Terrain, is that the drivers seat belt buckle is positioned low, and so close to the centre console that I constantly scrape my knuckles trying to engage the seat belt clamp into the buckle....surely the fixed part of the buckle could have been extended a little higher, so that hands don't get scraped when doing up the seatbelt????

Absolutely impossible to do the seat belt up if wearing gloves....never had this issue with any other car I have owned!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had the seat belt service performed today on our 2011 Terrain. For reference, the recall is formally called "#10370: Product Safety - Safety Belt Buckle Anchor Fracture - (Dec 17, 2010)". The bulletin applies to the 2011 SRX, Equinox, and Terrain.

The bulletin states that it only applies to certain 2011 of the models mentioned above. Your dealer will make the determnation what is needed based on VIN number. Some models require both driver's and passenger buckles to be modified. Some require only the passenger buckle to be modified. Mine required both buckles to be modified.

The buckle is only modified by bending a tab. Parts are not replaced. The appropriate seat has to be removed in order to modify the buckle.

My GMC dealer promptly took care of the recall service. Because I had some other warranty work done, I can't tell you how long the recall service takes. I waited and my appointment took 2 hours.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had mine done today when I took her in for first oil change. Mine only required the passenger buckle to be modified, but did not requite seat to be removed. Took them just 5 minutes to modify the buckle.

DavidPJ said:
I had the seat belt service performed today on our 2011 Terrain. For reference, the recall is formally called "#10370: Product Safety - Safety Belt Buckle Anchor Fracture - (Dec 17, 2010)". The bulletin applies to the 2011 SRX, Equinox, and Terrain.

The bulletin states that it only applies to certain 2011 of the models mentioned above. Your dealer will make the determnation what is needed based on VIN number. Some models require both driver's and passenger buckles to be modified. Some require only the passenger buckle to be modified. Mine required both buckles to be modified.

The buckle is only modified by bending a tab. Parts are not replaced. The appropriate seat has to be removed in order to modify the buckle.

My GMC dealer promptly took care of the recall service. Because I had some other warranty work done, I can't tell you how long the recall service takes. I waited and my appointment took 2 hours.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Mine was done last month, not sure what if anything they had to do to it. But exactly which part was recalled? Is it the receiver on the inner part (i.e., driver's right/passenger's left) of the buckle? And what do they do to it?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You can acquire seatbelt extentions to solve your issue of lenthening the belt anchor.
There is no charge for this part from GM - at least in Canada anyway.[/color]

Mrmidnite2 said:
Well mine is a 2010, and one of a very few issues with my Terrain, is that the drivers seat belt buckle is positioned low, and so close to the centre console that I constantly scrape my knuckles trying to engage the seat belt clamp into the buckle....surely the fixed part of the buckle could have been extended a little higher, so that hands don't get scraped when doing up the seatbelt????

Absolutely impossible to do the seat belt up if wearing gloves....never had this issue with any other car I have owned!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
OnxBear said:
You can acquire seatbelt extentions to solve your issue of lenthening the belt anchor.
I received the Service Recall Notice yesterday. "The driver and/or front passenger safety belt buckle anchor may fracture and separate near the seat attachment in a vehicle crash. If this were to occur, the safety belt system may not restrain the occupant(s) as designed and could increase the risk of injury."

The solution to this problem is to program the navigation system to avoid all crashes. Find this feature under destination - crash avoidance. Then make an appointment with the dealer to perform safety belt modification as a back up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
LMAOOOO! :)

wbassnp007 said:
The solution to this problem is to program the navigation system to avoid all crashes. Find this feature under destination - crash avoidance. Then make an appointment with the dealer to perform safety belt modification as a back up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
OnxBear said:
\

Thanks for that info OnxBear..I'll drop by my dealer and see if they can get me an extension for my seatbelt (fixed buckle end) and save my knuckles from constant scrapes...I might add, I have my seat raised to the highest level....not that I am "short" but prefer to see over the hood etc..must come from my many years of VAN driving, where you get an unobstructed view of the road ahead........
Thanks again.......

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I received notification by the Dealer we purchased ours from. They drove a loner car to me, picked up my Terrain, fixed it and brought it back. Didn't even ask for them to do that. Zero inconvenience for us.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sheesh I wish my dealer was as nice. I could barely make them call me when they finish working on my car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The dealer we purchased it from is 35 miles from me. They were impressive from the start. They said they are committed to great service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts