GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with the Color Touch Navigation Radio who are planning to use the SD
card for input to the Photo Viewer program, I found this article in the TechLink issue
for December

The navigation radio (RPO UEW) available on the 2012 Cruze, Equinox and Terrain
uses a Secure Digital (SD) card that is installed in the center console port. This is
the first GM radio to use an SD card.

TIP: Advise owners to not remove the SD card or modify any information as this
could affect radio operation.

The SD card is not designed for use in any other device. The SD slot is only used for
the navigation map SD card. Other SD cards will not work in this slot.
The SD slot cannot be used to view photos on a digital camera SD card. This navigation
radio is equipped with a photo viewer function, but it can be used only with USB
devices. Refer owners to the navigation system owner manual supplement for
photo viewer information.

This contradicts the information in the Terrain sales brochure:

The Color Touch Navigation System also offers a secure
digital card reader linked to Photoviewer to review pictures from your cameras
or smartphones in the LCD display, as well as display album art (if available)
when listening to music from your iPod.®
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Hmmmm.... interesting. I have yet to try to do photos. I will check this out this weekend. Thanks for the info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I just got a 2012 Equinox with Color Touch Navigation Radio and can't seem to get it to see the SD card.

Has anyone had a similar problem? The screen says that the SD card is not inserted, but I know I have inserted it properly.

Is there a way to make the system relook for the card? Or could the SD receptacle not be connected properly?

Any suggestioins would be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
chucsut said:
I just got a 2012 Equinox with Color Touch Navigation Radio and can't seem to get it to see the SD card.

Has anyone had a similar problem? The screen says that the SD card is not inserted, but I know I have inserted it properly.

Is there a way to make the system relook for the card? Or could the SD receptacle not be connected properly?

Any suggestioins would be appreciated.
I to my 2012 Nox on December 31, 2011. I have had that happen to me twice. Seems random. It did it to me about a week after I got it. And then, about 3 weeks ago, it did it again. Both times I had not touched the SD card. I knew the card was in correctly because it had worked before. I took the card out, blew on it, took a can of air and blew out the SD receptacle, and re-seated the SD card. That did nothing. I turned off the car thinking maybe something just malfunctioned and needed to be reset. Still nothing. I had an appointment, so I couldn't mess with it any longer at that moment. So I went to my appointment and came back out and got in the car and it was all fine. It hasn't done it again since then.

The first time it happened, I ejected the SD card a couple of times and it worked. The second time it took all of the tinkering with it, which didn't help. I guess something just had to reset itself cuz it work about an hour later after my appointment. Weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
chucsut said:
I just got a 2012 Equinox with Color Touch Navigation Radio and can't seem to get it to see the SD card.

Has anyone had a similar problem? The screen says that the SD card is not inserted, but I know I have inserted it properly.

Is there a way to make the system relook for the card? Or could the SD receptacle not be connected properly?

Any suggestioins would be appreciated.
Have you brought this to the attention of your dealer? I would be happy to look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
We to have had the issue of the system saying the SD card is not inserted, and just like the other post it seems to fix itself, this can become a serious issue if you really need to get directions or ar traveling and depending on this $2000+ option. Our $100 Garmin nevr had an issue. The nav systeem also seems to lose its way and gets confused sending you the wrong directions get you lost in the process.

Has anyone heard of any solutions to these issues? I firmly believe if you pay this much money for something it should work at least as well as the $100 devices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Color Touch Nav radio is $795. The High Feature Nav is $2,190 but it uses
a 40GB HDD to store the maps, not the SD card.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
wlachney said:
We to have had the issue of the system saying the SD card is not inserted, and just like the other post it seems to fix itself, this can become a serious issue if you really need to get directions or ar traveling and depending on this $2000+ option. Our $100 Garmin nevr had an issue. The nav systeem also seems to lose its way and gets confused sending you the wrong directions get you lost in the process.

Has anyone heard of any solutions to these issues? I firmly believe if you pay this much money for something it should work at least as well as the $100 devices.
I agree! I also have a hand held Garmin and the Navi in my Nox. My Garmin works waaaaay better! I just had this issue this past weekend. I got lost for almost 2 hours. And yes, I followed what it said to do to a T and it kept sending me in a direction, then reversing me to the same path I just came from. So I finally just drove about a mile out of the area and swung back taking a different path to see if it would give me different directions. And it did. HOWEVER, it directed me to a location over a mile and a half from where I told it I needed to go. I finally got on the phone and called the place and asked their address. I had entered it exactly correct. The guy even said he hadn't had anyone ever say their Navi system couldn't find them cuz they had been in that location for over 20 years.

Next time I will bring my Garmin I guess. Whether the Navi in my Nox cost $800 or $2000 - doesn't matter. It should still work - especially for places that have been in existence for over 20 years. I mean really?? (and before you ask - no, I was not on newly constructed roads). And this is not the first time this has happened. It often tells me to turn where there is no street, exit where there is no exit, and it tells me I have reached my destination when I am over 4 blocks away from my destination. It also has given me the "insert SD card" message 3 times now (I bought the car 12/31/11). Seems a bit too often if you ask me.

The Navi system has been my one, and pretty much only, complaint about this car thus far. But since it is the first car I have had that has a Navi system, I expected it to be much better than it is. Very disappointing!!! [/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't comment on the Color Touch Navi, but the High Feature NAvi
is very good. There are some cases where I know some of the local roads
and I can beat the route, but it always gets me where I want to go. I had
navi on a '07 Trailblazer and this will get me to the location leaving
me some distance away and say follow a directional arrow. And this unit will work in
residential areas where the '07 kept wanting to go to the calculated route on
main roads and not give me directions on the side roads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
Iliketerrain said:
The Color Touch Nav radio is $795. The High Feature Nav is $2,190 but it uses
a 40GB HDD to store the maps, not the SD card.
I thought on the 2012 models they took out the hard drive and put the maps on the SD card?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
I thought on the 2012 models they took out the hard drive and put the maps on the SD card?
I have a 2012 Nox LTZ. I do not remember there being a choice on Navi systems. So whatever was the one it came with is the one I got. And it has the SD card. I really don't like having to deal with an SD card.[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Equinox for '12 did not offer the High Feature navi/RSE; only the Color Touch navi.
The Terrain does offer the High Feature navi, but this is the last year. It does have the
HDD for map data and etc and 10 GB of music storage; with average audio CD to MP3
encoding, it is like have a 160-170 disc CD changer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
prissyrabbit said:
I have a 2012 Nox LTZ. I do not remember there being a choice on Navi systems. So whatever was the one it came with is the one I got. And it has the SD card. I really don't like having to deal with an SD card.[/color]


Take it for what it is worth...the dealer told me that teh SD could be used for music or to view photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
We have 2013 NOX LTZ with NAV. So where is the SD card slot supposed to be. The only connection i see is for the USB port.

Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The USB, the 3.5 mm jack and the SD slot are on a common
Plate in the front of the console; should be on the left side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,151 Posts
g-man said:
We have 2013 NOX LTZ with NAV. So where is the SD card slot supposed to be. The only connection i see is for the USB port.

Thanks in advance
The 2013's and up dont use SD cards for the navigation..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,151 Posts
maybe this makes more sense.


The navigation mapping data on 2013 LaCrosse, Regal, Verano, Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, Volt, ATS, SRX, XTS and Terrain models equipped with a navigation system is stored on the system’s internal hard drive. A navigation map DVD, compact flash card, SD card or other external media with mapping data is not included with the vehicle.



These 2013 model year vehicles will be equipped with Cadillac CUE (RPO IO6) or MyLink/IntelliLink with navigation (RPO UHQ).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
I have been having the same problem with the SD card not installed message. It seems to happen at times when I really need the guidance. Very annoying. No matter what I try, can't make it work. The next time I use the car the problem is not there.
What's going on? Is this a defect , or is there something I can do to prevent this?

Tricia, how about an answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
rbarrios said:
maybe this makes more sense.


The navigation mapping data on 2013 LaCrosse, Regal, Verano, Camaro, Cruze, Equinox, Malibu, Volt, ATS, SRX, XTS and Terrain models equipped with a navigation system is stored on the system’s internal hard drive. A navigation map DVD, compact flash card, SD card or other external media with mapping data is not included with the vehicle.



These 2013 model year vehicles will be equipped with Cadillac CUE (RPO IO6) or MyLink/IntelliLink with navigation (RPO UHQ).
So does that mean it updates automatically via. the satellites ?
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top