GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since this is the tech section, I would imagine there are people using scan tools (like maybe Scanguage) to monitor the OBDII data. If you have an Android phone, you may want to consider Torque.
http://torque-bhp.com/software/torque-android-obd2-adapters/

I am using the Android app on an HTC EVO with a Generic Bluetooth adapter from Ebay and it is working very well.
You can also read and clear fault codes. All for less than $35. And it is very configurable. And it can easily be moved to other vehicles.

I have no affiliation with Torque. Just a satisfied user.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I am using the Android app on an HTC EVO with a Generic Bluetooth adapter from Ebay and it is working very well. You can also read and clear fault codes. All for less than $35. And it is very configurable. And it can easily be moved to other vehicles. I have no affiliation with Torque. Just a satisfied user. [/quote]

Nice job! Going to search this for my iphone4, no reason the Android Torque app wouldn't work on an iphone is there?[/color] Is anyone in Canada trying this?[/color]

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Got it figured... can't use Torque

KIWI Wifi for hardware and Fuzzy Car app. for iphone[/color]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, IPhone cannot run Android apps. I believe they are working on a version for Blackberry, but I would imagine there would be similar apps for IPhone.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Trailblazer said:
but I would imagine there would be similar apps for IPhone.
Yep, your right, I found it... its FuzzyCar :)[/color]

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cant wait for the Blackberry vesion.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
WWW.GOPOINTTECH.COM/POPMECH FOR USE WITH iphone, ipad,and ipod touch.
A good product I'm sure but they only have the GL1 available, which is generic codes only, OBD-II, no CAN

Their new GL2 will access enhanced diagnostics (ABS, TMS, Stability Control, etc) and repair information, it's scheduled for release this first quarter of 2011.
This is the one I would like, or the Kiwi, has to have the CAN capability to get into everything on these new platform vehicles.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am using the Garmin EcoRoute HD. Really nice.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354

Except that i had to disconnect it each 1st of the month because if something is connected to the obd2 connector it can't do the monthly onstar scan.

but everything is really nice on that thing !

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Except that i had to disconnect it each 1st of the month because if something is connected to the obd2 connector it can't do the monthly onstar scan.
Always wondered what day Onstar uploaded - good to know.[/color]

·
Registered
2 Posts
i am trying to use a PC based one but what ELM are were using in Terrain ELM323 327 ..... ? and what is the baud rate it has to be set at????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts