GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also posted this in the Terrain section.

Seems to be a 2 year thing with us. Picking up a 2020 XT5 tomorrow. Another anniversary & birthday present for the wife (72 & 49).

Take care folks.
Scbearsfan

PS. Not real crazy about the new format.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Good Luck with the XT5! So I guess this means no electric Hummer for the 50th?

As for the format ... all of these forums (this one, Impala, Malibu, Bolt, Acadia, Blazer, Taurus) have been "taken over" by this format. The commonality is a good thing, I think. Probably easier to attach pictures, and the mobile version works the same way as desktop - including showing “Signatures”, which the old version would only do if you ran the desktop version on your phone (slow and harder to read).

Reactions: Dejoh

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee, nah she's older than me, 72 in 14 days I've got another 6 months before I catch up to her. 49 years in 12 days, she said she was going to be married before she was 21, just made it.

Colt, yep no Hummer. The weird thing there is an XT5 forum similar to this one, tried to register and was denied because it said I looked like a SPAMMER, even tried the wife's E-mail.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Lee, nah she's older than me, 72 in 14 days I've got another 6 months before I catch up to her. 49 years in 12 days, she said she was going to be married before she was 21, just made it.

Colt, yep no Hummer. The weird thing there is an XT5 forum similar to this one, tried to register and was denied because it said I looked like a SPAMMER, even tried the wife's E-mail.
Sorry to see you go, but getting a different car would be nice to hear your views on the XT5. Built along side the Acadia like we currently have in Springhill, TN.
And. . you might find this site is a lot more active.
Turned 72 here as well just recently, but so far "only" 32 years with dear wife which also turned another year just last week.
I had the same happen when registering at one other site. I finally used my phone while on vacation and it then let me register.. can't figure that one out.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going from the Enclave to the GMCs, she wasn’t happy with the rides of the GMCs, not that they were bad but different than the Buick. Haven’t driven a whole lot with the XT5, but we have one road that we drive to get to almost every thing, handles the was road pavement like a champ.

Reactions: JayTee2014

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Going from the Enclave to the GMCs, she wasn’t happy with the rides of the GMCs, not that they were bad but different than the Buick. Haven’t driven a whole lot with the XT5, but we have one road that we drive to get to almost every thing, handles the was road pavement like a champ.
Good to hear. I know the XT5 has many suspension and other upgrades over the Acadia.
But compared to our 2015 Equinox, the Acadia is so much more roomy, quiet and comfortable.
Riding comfort, seats, etc seem to get more important in our "senior" category doesn't it .
I always wondered why the gray haired group always seemed to like the big old Buicks.
I no longer wonder that. . .

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep the old bones can’t handle all the bumps in the road like they used to. There is an upgraded suspension package that is better than the standar.

Reactions: JayTee2014
1 - 9 of 9 Posts