GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't own one, but I am somewhat of a car enthusiast. I am one of those guys that some car people hate. I cannot leave anything stock. Give me an old pickup or car to restore or a brand new car and I will not leave anything untouched...

Well, since I cannot live out my dream of owning EVERY car out there, I have dabbled in Photoshop a little in order to created a vehicle without emptying my wallet.

Here is "MY" Terrain. ;)

Hope you guys like the picture...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Saw my first Terrain commercial and was intrigued...

Also did this one... though not as clean as the above one.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Nice photoshopping! I can't say as I can say the same for the result. No offense, I think cars that are lowered that much, especially SUVs/Trucks are hideous. Especially when you see guys doing it improperly by cutting stock springs so you get nasty camber.

I think the terrain would look pretty nice with some subtle skirts and down about an inch with some 6 or 7 spoke 20" wheels. The key with anything is subtlety though, most modders go way to far and don't realize that everyone else thinks the car looks hideous.

·
Registered
698 Posts

Looks to me like someone took it over the railroad tracks at too high a speed!

How about jacking one up on 35s?

·
Registered
277 Posts

I think I'm really getting old! Don't like the look of the Terrain sitting on the ground like that. At least it doesn't have 2 big sewer pipes hanging out the back as exhaust tips. I do like the rumble of the old "big iron" V-8's in the past, but have never warmed up to the twang of an undermuffled I-4 running down the street.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It wouldn't be functional as a car, just a large paper weight if it were actually lowered that much statically. That is where airbags or hydraulics would come into play. Driving down the road, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and one driving right next to it.

And yeah, not everyone's cup-o-tea...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

Chopped, dropped, tubbed, hydraulics!
I love all types of cars, and the one at the top is sweet IMO, blurred!!!
8)
How's about a blackout kit for the front and rear lights?
;)
Or maybe a Limo version?
;D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Alright, so bagged isn't most's people's thing?

What about an SS version?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

blurred said:
Now that's super, sport!
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your handiwork, blurred.

·
Registered
137 Posts

AWESOME! That's what I'd like to see. Just Fregin Awesome!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Saw my first Terrain commercial and was intrigued... bagged/bodied and now S

If they'd use the Turbo I4 like used in other SS versions of GM cars, that'd rock!

·
Registered
182 Posts
They would need more than a Turbo'd I4 in anything resembling an SS. I can't see them pushing more than high-200's out of that engine (reliably). They would need at least 300hp for an SS. I'd like to see a [turbo]Diesel. Fuel efficient AND torqey.

I recently drove in the new BMW 335d - 265HP but 410+ ft/lb torque. That thing goes like stink, is a dream in the city (full torque at 1500rpm) and gets pretty sick fuel economy. It would be nice to see GM give a nod to diesel.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Saw my first Terrain commercial and was intrigued... bagged/bodied and now S

The Ecotec I4 turbo usually puts out between 260 and 280 horses with equal torque. Consider the 3.0L V6 does 265 horses, but only 222 torque. So you'd get a LOT more torque, plus it'd rev faster. I see a lot of folks tweak them way over 300 horses quite easily, so I'm sure it could be done. So imagine all that power AND the MPG. Yeah, it'd rock.

Though, I'd also like to see them put a diesel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The problem with that is, on paper, you'll need more than 10 or 20 HP to win SS buyers and differentiate the model, especially since there would be a premium over the V6 model. But who knows, although we don't always agree, car companies put countless hours into platform strategy and placement. And you can bet the 'new' GM will be putting a little more thought and effort into its platform strategy. You can't just slap an SS badge on any old model and expect that it will sell well (i.e. HHR). And if I'm not mistaken, "SS" is a Chevy thing. You'd likely see an SS Nox and an up-level Denali on the Terrain, since GMC is all about being upper-level over Chev.

Sadly, keep in mind that GM has said they're freezing the development of any high-performance variants until sales pick up.

·
Registered
635 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts

scottyyyc said:
The problem with that is, on paper, you'll need more than 10 or 20 HP to win SS buyers and differentiate the model, especially since there would be a premium over the V6 model. But who knows, although we don't always agree, car companies put countless hours into platform strategy and placement. And you can bet the 'new' GM will be putting a little more thought and effort into its platform strategy. You can't just slap an SS badge on any old model and expect that it will sell well (i.e. HHR). And if I'm not mistaken, "SS" is a Chevy thing. You'd likely see an SS Nox and an up-level Denali on the Terrain, since GMC is all about being upper-level over Chev.

Sadly, keep in mind that GM has said they're freezing the development of any high-performance variants until sales pick up.
You are right on that strategy and placement. Too bad they fail sometimes.

I think we already know what will go in an SS or Denali though. Most likely it will be the 2.8 V6 turbo that's going to be available for the SRX.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts