GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone look into running boards for the Terrain/Nox? My SLT-1 should be here any day now and my 07 Vue has a set of Luverne stainless (tube type) running boards that I really like. Would they fit the new Terrain?? Can't find any site that lists rb's for the 2010 Nox/Terrain yet but I assume the underbody is same for both. If they don't fit, I'll certainly be on the lookout for new applications.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I saw a black base model Terrain in town that had the tube running boards on it. I thought it looked goofy since it didn't have the the chrome package to accent it and with the rocker panels integrated into the doors they looked as they where on the ground.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point Cheddar. Probably need to wait and see how they look on a Terrain. Haven't seen any product yet.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gearhead. I actually had looked at that site and saw the coming soon label. In actuality, most of the running board/step rail add ons for small/mid size SUV's are not very practical, but they do add some style to some models....we'll see.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Islander said:
Thanks Gearhead. I actually had looked at that site and saw the coming soon label. In actuality, most of the running board/step rail add ons for small/mid size SUV's are not very practical, but they do add some style to some models....we'll see.[/color]
Yes, they may add a nice little touch!
How's about chrome side exhaust pipes?
Now that'd be killer, especially if carelessly stepping out of the vehicle on a hot summer day with shorts and sandals on LOL!

There's a post here somewhere of a chopped and dropped Terrain touched up with PhotoShop or similar software.
Maybe we can convince the "artist" to render some mock ups with running boards and even some sidepipes!
;)

·
Registered
635 Posts
[size=10pt]I'm with you Sno, Theta platform is basically a car platform providing easy access. Therefore with low entry height sills.
Running boards are installed on most trucks to help step up into vehicle. (and for looks too I suppose)
With the boards installed you would have to drive vehicle like its a low-rider. Watch out for sleeping policemen(Speed bumps)!
[/size]

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yes I have noticed..oh no wait that was monster truck madness at the stadium! [size=10pt]Be there[/color]![/size][/color][/color]

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
TerrainGirl said:

Hey All found this picture on e-bay also....These don't look too bad I don't think.

TG
It sits so low already, is it necessary?

Looks sharp though

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doesn't look too bad. Reminds me of the old running boards Ford used to put on the Explorer Limited. I'm sure with the popularity of Terrain/Nox that we will have LOTS of aftermarket choices in the not too distant future for all sorts of goodies! NY Joe, I know you're not fond of the E&G wire mesh grille, but I do find myself going back and oooking at that from time to time!!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Islander said:
Doesn't look too bad. Reminds me of the old running boards Ford used to put on the Explorer Limited. I'm sure with the popularity of Terrain/Nox that we will have LOTS of aftermarket choices in the not too distant future for all sorts of goodies! NY Joe, I know you're not fond of the E&G wire mesh grille, but I do find myself going back and oooking at that from time to time!!
I like the looks but not sure what it does to clearance.

I am eyeing the 3 pc Billet grill. I got that Italian disease right now though, Fundsalow, and can;t spend on it. Just dropped $400 on mud flaps, floor mats and roof rails. And then another $150 in a Thule Fairing and EasySnap connectors for the cargo box.

So I either pay daycare for the kids or by more stuff. ITs a toss up?

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
Will the kids fit into the Thule <g>
Hmmm....very interesting idea.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Nice touch, distinguishing feature.
From a practicality standpoint, not much to offer, but certainly will appeal to many I'd say.
Thanks for posting the pic, TerrainGirl.

·
Registered
53 Posts
NY_Joe said:
It sits so low already, is it necessary?

Looks sharp though
I kind of thought the same thing, I am afraid they are too shallow....I am leaning more and more towards them, just need to find a set that looks good and works with the lines of the terrain.

·
Registered
446 Posts
TerrainGirl said:
I kind of thought the same thing, I am afraid they are too shallow....I am leaning more and more towards them, just need to find a set that looks good and works with the lines of the terrain.
I don't think they will be too shallow with the door open. The bottom of GM doors tend to curve in quite a bit.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anybody find and install running boards yet? I have been regularly checking the net and have only found the ones posted by TG so far. Lot's of sites say "Coming Soon" but I've seen that for 3 months now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed a set of ATS Design's SL Series running boards last night. The price was'nt too bad (around $350 US). There is a picture of a Black or Dark Blue Nox with them installed on their website. Once I get some pics of mine I will try and post them up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts