GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
gearhead said:
Thought I'd post it here in the Picture Share as well for easier access.
Thanks for doing my job. You are going to get me fired. :p
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
SnowItch said:
From the job where you don't get paid and do get abused...
Sounds like me real job as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NY_Joe said:
Thanks for doing my job. You are going to get me fired. :p
LOL, trust me, not my intention to get you fired nor am I looking for any additional work!!!
I have a couple more days at home before going back to work Monday, that's all, and I'm putzing around on some sites, galleries and forums every few hours

Back to the topic...we may be interested in some running boards down the road and I had to search to find the thread to show the Mrs.
I was expecting to find it in the picture share forum for the Terrain, not "All Theta Models" forum category.
Figured since more pics of running boards will be hitting the internet soon enough, it'd be nice to have a picture thread started.

;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SnowItch said:
From the job where you don't get paid and do get abused...
No doubt!!!
A thankless job, so thanks NY_Joe!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
No they don't. For most, it's purely looks and no utility. That's why some like the style, others don't see a benefit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
Terrain_fan said:
Do these vehicles sit up that high that you need running boards?
I feel with the Terrain, you can almost walk into it. I am 5 ft 7 and I don;t have to climb nor d you "fall" into it like a car.

Again, they are for looks on this vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Thanks for adding the pic to the picture share section, much appreciated and hadn't even thought of adding it here.

The only comment I would make about the running boards, and their potential use. My husband and I have a 6 month old son, and sometimes it is difficult to get his car seat into the back of the car, standing on the ground and reaching in with him to lock him into his base is too far to reach, "crawling" into the car to set him is feels cramped. I am hoping after some "experimentation" that a set of running boards would raise me up to a comfortable height to put him in and out of the car with less hassle.

Also, the more I look at them, the more they are growing on me, will we add these right away, probably not, however I can see us adding them in time, as it will also be of assistance for the little one to be able to get in and out of the Terrain easier.

These are just my thoughts, but I am thinking they can have some practical uses.

Cheers
TG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TerrainGirl said:
The only comment I would make about the running boards, and their potential use. My husband and I have a 6 month old son, and sometimes it is difficult to get his car seat into the back of the car, standing on the ground and reaching in with him to lock him into his base is too far to reach, "crawling" into the car to set him is feels cramped. I am hoping after some "experimentation" that a set of running boards would raise me up to a comfortable height to put him in and out of the car with less hassle.

Also, the more I look at them, the more they are growing on me, will we add these right away, probably not, however I can see us adding them in time, as it will also be of assistance for the little one to be able to get in and out of the Terrain easier.
We hear you about a toddlers car seat, TerrainGirl. The wife goes through the same scenario when the base is in the middle of the rear seats. She climbs into the vehicle to do it. I can pretty much reach without getting entirely into the vehicle. BTW, a little off topic, but I had to cut your quote short due to the reappearance of this issue:
http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=175.0
using I.E. 8.0 at work. I will switch to Firefox later on. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,082 Posts
I think they are counter-intuitive. With the rocker panel gone (its on the door now), the extension of the running boards will make stepping out of the vehicle strange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Well you all may not have to wait too long, I am really leaning more and more towards these. I suspect in the next couple of months I will get them and have hubby install them.

If I do, I will be sure to take lots of pictures, and do a write up on how they work and how easy or awkward they create getting in and out of the vehicle is.

Cheers
TG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
I had a Torrent with stepsides...most people were like "you don't really need them"...but I thought they added a nice lowered look....i feel the same with the Terrain now. It closes up that ground clearance and gives it more of a squatted stance. I like it. I may get some for mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,271 Posts
vice86 said:
I had a Torrent with stepsides...most people were like "you don't really need them"...but I thought they added a nice lowered look....i feel the same with the Terrain now. It closes up that ground clearance and gives it more of a squatted stance. I like it. I may get some for mine.
Looks like you going to have to take out another loan for all the addons LOL :D ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Looks like you going to have to take out another loan for all the addons LOL :D ;D
;D I know, right?!?

Before finding terrainforum.net: Great, at least I have a low mileage ride now.
After finding terrainforum.net: Great, I have so many accessories to get for my low mileage ride now.

My dad is an accessories guy when it comes to his cars. I wish I woulda knew about Terrainforum.net back when he got it..."hey pop, look at all the cool stuff you can get" and I'd be set today. lulz.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
I just ordered a Terrain. During the test drives before the purchase, my wife thought that the step over was too high;
even coming from a Trailblazer. So, I ordered a set of running boards from runningboardwarehouse.com at what seemed
like a reasonable price. I'll post some pictures when both the Terrain and the boards get here.

---

SLT-2 AWD V6
Merlot Jewel Metallic
Brownstone
19" wheels
Navi w/ RSE
Trailering
FCA/LDW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Iliketerrain said:
I just ordered a Terrain. During the test drives before the purchase, my wife thought that the step over was too high;
even coming from a Trailblazer. So, I ordered a set of running boards from runningboardwarehouse.com at what seemed
like a reasonable price. I'll post some pictures when both the Terrain and the boards get here.

---

SLT-2 AWD V6
Merlot Jewel Metallic
Brownstone
19" wheels
Navi w/ RSE
Trailering
FCA/LDW
nice...yes, please be sure to post up once installed. I don't know if I like the attached to the molding look or the tube bars that come off the body.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top