GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 GMC Terrain with 140,000 miles on it. The recall on the rings and pistons were preformed at around 92,000. I’ve noticed for a while some misfiring mainly while stopping but still in drive. Now it’s happening all the time. I throw it up into neutral just to keep it running. No check engine light but a code showed up about on one of the 4 times I’ve had it checked. I started with plugs, coil packs and then the throttle body. Done a reset on the ecm. Not sure what else to do. Engine has power and only skips a little other than when stopped in gear. Oh yea the code mentioned the idle air control sensor. Can’t find it unless it’s in with the throttle body. All the research shows it being in the motor? All the positive input would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
What number was the code you pulled?
That will narrow it down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t get in touch with the guy that pulled the code but I think it was a generic code. He read it could possibly be the idle air control sensor. With further reach I learn on this model the iacs is on the throttle body. I changed that part already. I just checked the brake booster by warming the car up until it decided to misbehave. Then I stopped, left it in drive with my foot on the brake and mashed the parking brake all the way down. Then I let off the emergency brake. Still doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The idle control is done by the throttle body, Engine Control Module, and various other sensors.
This is a complex circuit.
Clear all codes and scan for current codes is the best advice to you, other than that we are just guessing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The idle control is done by the throttle body, Engine Control Module, and various other sensors.
This is a complex circuit.
Clear all codes and scan for current codes is the best advice to you, other than that we are just guessing.
No codes now. A friend told me to turn key to acc and press the gas pedal down very slow then when I get to the floor stomp it and release quickly. Then repeat. I’m not sure that’s what helped or the fact that the computer finally adjusted but either way it seems better. It’s hard to tell because there’s a slight skip.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
Maybe you should consider buying yourself a Scanner. I would look for one that reads ABS codes and can log data ... probably about $80-$100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts