GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone that has test driven or owns a 4-cylinder Terrain or Equinox experienced rough engine / powertrain operation while in ECO mode? During our second test drive of a 4-cylinder Terrain the engine ran very rough when got into ECO mode and eventually stalled on us when we came to a stop. I think there were about 100 miles on the vehicle and there was at least a 1/4 of tank of fuel. Are there any TSBs out there regarding this issue?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I leave my eco button on all the time. I can't tell any difference in economy or performance. So far my 4 cyl runs great. I am glad I chose this powertrain over the 6 cyl.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Have 56 miles on my SLE-2 with V-4, really really rough, almost dying at idle. As soon as I could, I topped off with a few gallons of Premium Gas, hopng it was the dealer's free fill tank when I bought this.

We'll see:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ka7slc said:
Have 56 miles on my SLE-2 with V-4, really really rough, almost dying at idle. As soon as I could, I topped off with a few gallons of Premium Gas, hopng it was the dealer's free fill tank when I bought this.

We'll see:(
Wow, keep me posted. Have you been running in ECO mode or is that just normal operation?

·
Registered
4 Posts
[/color]We just received our SLE-1 yesterday and drove with the ECO enabled. The engine was very smooth. You can see the idle drop a few RPMs when it is turned on. No issues so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the same issue with Eco mode. It seems that at a stop the idle gets too low and the engine shakes. I was going to wait for the engine to break in a little longer and have the dealer look at it. I only have about 1,800 miles on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back to life after two months. I just didn't want to start a new thread!

It's been a few weeks that people haven't updated their usage of the Eco mode on the I-4. People were reporting issue of almost staling when on idle. Is this still happening or has been resolve? Did some of you go the to dealer to get it checked out, if so what did they say or do?

I was about to use the Eco mode on my next fill up this afternoon for a while? For those who have used it, have you noticed significant improved mileage with regular use?

Thanks for the information!

·
Registered
446 Posts
One thing I never trusted was factory spark plugs. I usually change out for some of the multiple tipped type. Haven't done this yet on our 'Nox though...

·
Registered
635 Posts
"Factory" spark plugs are designed to last 100,00 miles or more. Whats not to trust?

Platinum-Tipped Spark Plugs
All GM vehicles are equipped with long lasting platinum-tipped spark plugs. They conduct electricity more effectively than standard spark plugs for improved fuel economy and smoother acceleration. They are also an integral part of GM engine technology that has reduced harmful emissions by more than 90% since the 1970's. Platinum-tipped spark plugs only need to be replaced every 166,000 km*. Goodwrench Service technicians only use platinum-tipped spark plugs and only replace plugs when they need replacing.

* Maintenance requirements vary with use and driving conditions. See Owner's Manual for more information

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/services/goodwrench/maintenance/environment

1 - 10 of 10 Posts