GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

Rough idling issues

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  44661 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Chevy equinox 140,000 miles idols really rough stalls a few times I have changed all four spark plugs ignition coils both O2 sensors and still no results of the issue anybody have an idea what’s going on

#3 ·
Hard to diagnose on the net but how about going to local auto parts and have them scan it for codes?

I might also throw a can of Seafoam in the tank and top it off with some premium

#4 ·
Dealership the other day asked me about 2 things to do that sort of interested me but will hold off since I only have 20K miles. One was emissions service and the other was fuel system cleaner. This was about $120 each to do. I do know they are going to use BG Products to do this and I looked into this last year. So wanted to give you an idea of the price of a dealer. This supposes to help with rough idling from what I have read. FYI there is a video of a 20-year-old Ford truck with a million miles on it, using the original engine and transmission. Claims it was BG Products, and was all highway miles, of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.