GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to replaced pads and rotors. Starting to get pedal pulsation. I'm checking rockauto and they have their the most popular selections. Anyone have experience with rockauto brake parts or have any other suggestions or comments on replacement parts? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I have found rockauto to have quality products... Depending on which level of quality you choose. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If you have a 2018+ model year, be sure to double check the parts that Rock Auto recommends. It has been noted that for some versions of the 2.0L Equinox/Terrain they might not be providing the correct brake rotor sizes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Highly recommend powerstop pads and rotors. Installed the drilled slotted rotors on 2014 Equinox and never experienced fade or pulsation. Best investment on brakes I ever made.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Want to replaced pads and rotors. Starting to get pedal pulsation. I'm checking rockauto and they have their the most popular selections. Anyone have experience with rockauto brake parts or have any other suggestions or comments on replacement parts? Thanks.
I like BrakeMotive drilled and slotted rotors on eBay. They come with power stop pads and are $90 for front and $90 for rear. Cad plated and thick as OEM.

·
Registered
573 Posts
In the salt zone ? Stay away from drilled or slotted rotors. Zero advantage on a daily driver anyway, just marketing hype, and they rust / crack like crazy. Go for the coated rotors in the salt zone for maximum life.
All I've used for brake parts for years has been Rock Auto.
Here's a code for a extra 5% off. 145409650108514558

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am in Minnesota. What brand of rotors and pads do you recommend repairman54? And thanks for the code.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve used slotted and drilled rotors For the last 20+ years up here in Michigan and have never had an issue on my daily drivers. Get good quality zinc coated and you will be fine. And my truck stops a lot better with slotted drilled rotors when towing my trailer. The slots clean the pads and the holes help shed the extra heat quicker. I will tell you one thing: I have never ever ever ever warped a slotted drilled rotor, even when road racing and burning my brake fluid.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I’ve used Wagner discs from RockAuto. They stop the vehicle - that’s all I care about ... but I drive sensibly. I don’t know what other people are doing that they feel the need to spend 2x and 3x on brake parts to stop their vehicle. It makes no sense to me ... but what do I know?

Reactions: Crankme69

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
I'm with you on this, but if spending more for brakes can stop you in a 5 foot shorter distance, and it saves you from your bumper being 3 foot inside the car's bumper in front of you, it certainly can be worth it.

Reactions: Crankme69

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm using Wagner OEX pads on my 'nox and my Tahoe right now. Dust is very low, grip is higher seemingly. Tahoe gets towing duty with boats, cargo trailers and sleds.
Testing Raybestos Element 3 coated rotors on both vehicles also.
AC coated do not stand up long enough for me, should be rust free 'till pads hit zero.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ve used Wagner discs from RockAuto. They stop the vehicle - that’s all I care about ... but I drive sensibly. I don’t know what other people are doing that they feel the need to spend 2x and 3x on brake parts to stop their vehicle. It makes no sense to me ... but what do I know?
Colt Hero: I’ve used Wagner pads and rotors on some of my Chevy’s before. They are top quality parts and I usually end up spending around $200 for rotors and pads when the wife wants her brakes done. That’s $200 front $200 rear. Or I can get ahold of BrakeMotive In Illinois and they will tell me what item in their EBay store to purchase. With them I can get Power Stop performance pads and their machines rotors for less than $200 front and rear together.
It actually is possible to get better performing parts for a lower price and not spend 2x or 3x the amount.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where else is there for good brake part deals? I've just been looking at Rockauto and poking around eBay.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Check out carid.com for a wide variety of name brands.
ACDelco, Wagner, Raybestos, Bosch, Power Stop etc
Check out their coupons and discount codes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts