GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

looking for standard charcoal or chrome front to back roof racks for gmc terrain

• charcoal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chrome

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for gmc terrain charcoal or chrome front to back roof rack. i purchased 2012 terrain sle 1, so it came without any roof racks. i have been looking everywhere for a spot to purchase them online, i went to the dealership and they have it listed at 1800$ for the roof rack which seems pretty ridiculous. so i wanted to check other places online

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
2012gmcterrainsle1 said:
looking for gmc terrain charcoal or chrome front to back roof rack. i purchased 2012 terrain sle 1, so it came without any roof racks. i have been looking everywhere for a spot to purchase them online, i went to the dealership and they have it listed at 1800$ for the roof rack which seems pretty ridiculous. so i wanted to check other places online
Try GMPartsDirect.com

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i live in canada, and i think gmpartsdirect only ships to u.s? is it just as easy to take one off a vehicle? like just unscrew the bolts and take it off? see if i can purchase of some1 elses terrain they dont use?

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
2012gmcterrainsle1 said:
i live in canada, and i think gmpartsdirect only ships to u.s? is it just as easy to take one off a vehicle? like just unscrew the bolts and take it off? see if i can purchase of some1 elses terrain they dont use?
Or, find a dark parking lot !!! >:D

·
Registered
10,548 Posts
2012gmcterrainsle1 said:
thought about it lol
Then don't come to Schenectady NY. I like the looks of my roof rack, although I have never used it !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after calling about 20 salvage yards i finally found one who has the charcoal roof racks :D he asked 350 for it and he thought it was the chrome rack. said id call back tomorrow, gunna get him to lower price to about 200-250. and the dealership i bought my terrain from wanted 1770$ for the racks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
gmpartsdirect.com blows from my experience. 5 weeks ago i ordered 2 simple lights for the footwell. still never showed up and they charged my card. btw they don't have a cust. service number nor do they do returns. many complaints about them on the internet.

i ended up ordering my parts from the dealer for 3 dollars more and they showed up 3 days later.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i bought roof cross bars from the dealer and asked for 15% discount and it was the cheapest i found even comparing to ebay when you add shipping. just say you got a coupon for 20% off accessories at another dealer and see if they will match it or come close.

·
Registered
142 Posts
AMG Eric. I was considering ordering from gmpartsdirect but it seems that ordering from GM dealer will get you better/faster results.
Thanks
JCarm75

·
Registered
361 Posts
jcarm75 said:
AMG Eric. I was considering ordering from gmpartsdirect but it seems that ordering from GM dealer will get you better/faster results.
Thanks
JCarm75
to save $10 its worth it. their customer service is -1 on a scale of 1-10. just google them with scam at the end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts