GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at a couple Terrains. I can't believe I purchased one without a roof rack. I wonder how expensive it would be to retrofit one?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Before I got the SLT in lieu of the SLE-1, my dealer came back stating it can be done but would be around 600 dollars. I did some digging on my own and found pretty much everything you need to do it, minus the labor.

http://www.newgmparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213815&chapter=&Sectionids=0,2695&groupid=4411&subgroupid=2815&componentid=2291&make=11&model=Terrain&year=2010&graphicID=FJ10475&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCatalogid=0

side rail right - 181.04
Black cover right - 49.52
clip back (2) - 10.66
rear cover right - 27.70
rear cover left - 23.06
side rail left - 181.04
black cover left - 49.52
Roof molding for luggage rack right - 36.95
Roof molding for luggage rack left - 36.95

I checked on the roof framing and they don't list anything specific to having a roof rack. The rack itself applies pressure to the edge of the roof framing, where there should be strength with or without a luggage rail, so I don't think there is any added internal framing.

Regardless, the parts tally up to 596.44, which is right where the dealer had the costs. Include shipping and any taxes if you're going to do it yourself. Include labor and any taxes if you have a dealer do it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my dealer was one that said this...but it was my salesman who spoke on that. The General Manager is who told me the service guys said it can be done and would be 600 in parts.

Per this picture, the only options when it comes to selecting these framings is either with or without sunroof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts