GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just purchased a 2020 Equinox. It does not have a roof rack on it from the factory. Can I purchase a rack for it and install it myself? I'd eventually like to put a small safari rack possibly on the top and would like to have some sort of rails in the roof.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hello all, I just purchased a 2020 Equinox. It does not have a roof rack on it from the factory. Can I purchase a rack for it and install it myself? I'd eventually like to put a small safari rack possibly on the top and would like to have some sort of rails in the roof.

Does it have side rails?
If it has side rails Chevy sells cross bars that fit those.
I you don't have side rails Chevy sell a rack that bolts to the roof where those 4 black plastic plugs are.
Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bringing this post back up. I have forgotten I made this... Also no it does. Not have any pads on the roof. Just a straight metal roof.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Bringing this post back up. I have forgotten I made this... Also no it does. Not have any pads on the roof. Just a straight metal roof.
Parts are available through your dealer or a place like GMpartsdirect
A good body shop can do the install.
Depends how bad you want it.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Does it have the 4 docking pads on roof?

Shortly after your post I was at the dealer and noticed one of the Equinoxes did not have the docking pads on the roof.
Before your post I had taken for granted if a Equinox did not have side rails, it would have the plastic docking pads.
I think the one I looked at was a LT. It was not a LS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts