GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I need to buy some cross rails for my 2011 Terrain SLT-1. The only problem is I am unsure if some of the sites I have looked at ship the Cross Rails as a single unit or as a set of two cause I have found sites that have done both.

Another hurdle is I have a Canadian Billing address although I do have an American Shipping address I can utilize. Has anybody in a similar situation found something that works and is relatively inexpensive or anybody else that knows of a site that would work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I bought my cross rails from GmPartsShop.com

They were really good and pretty cheap as well. I payed $154 including shipping, which is a lot cheaper then the dealership. I saw some on ebay as well, but still purchased the rails from the website.

Fast, easy, and shipped FedEx

On the GMC Accesory website, the roof cross rails were going for $165 plus tax at the dealership (which for me would have run around $180 for me)

·
Registered
109 Posts
P.S.

I bought them for a trip but ended up never using them. They seem a little flimsy to me, but they are really clean looking since the sit within the roof railing. The Thule and other aftermarket cross rails latch onto the railing itself.

If I were to do it all over again, I would most likely spend the extra on a Thule cross rails. Like I said, I haven't tried the factory rails out, but I didn't like how they could only lock up at 4 position on the railing. Thule's are a hell of a lot more sturdy too and can be placed in any position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts