GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a replacement antenna for the long thin roof mounted antenna on the 2010 Equinox? Mine is too tall and hits the garage door. Will a 2009 Equinox antenna fit on a 2010?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Is there any chance you can adjust the stops on your garage door opener to allow the door to go up further?

·
Registered
31 Posts
cravenspeed.com they sell what they call a stubby. It is thicker about 4 inches long, looks much better and works just as well if not better, and they are awesome to deal with. They have a no questions asked return policy. I paid 24.99 for the Terrian model. It fits 2010-2011.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I purchased the shorter OEM version from GM dealer. A little pricey at $33.00. Our garage door header is 7 foot built in 65.

·
Registered
850 Posts
gos333 said:
car wash ate mine.....shorty antenna 25.00 at craven speed dot com.
O my, sorry to hear. Then consider the GM OEM short one. Mine has been through about 8 car washes with brushes and rollers every where. :rock:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
teetertotter said:
I purchased the shorter OEM version from GM dealer. A little pricey at $33.00. Our garage door header is 7 foot built in 65.
Hey Teetertotter do you have any pics of the antenna on your ride :) or any picture online or part number of what it looks like ? Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Re: Roof mounted antenna

I was told by the dealer when we bought our 12 terrain that there wasn't an oem shorter antenna. I bought stubby from craven speed

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just go with the shark fin from Visual Garage, it's profile is actually lower than the roof rails. I bought one, I'm just waiting to bring it inside to install it. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
hanmik01 said:
Just go with the shark fin from Visual Garage, it's profile is actually lower than the roof rails. I bought one, I'm just waiting to bring it inside to install it. :thumb:
That's the one I want !! Post some pics up after the install If u can!

·
Registered
850 Posts
Re: Re: Roof mounted antenna

Dd said:
I was told by the dealer when we bought our 12 terrain that there wasn't an oem shorter antenna. I bought stubby from craven speed
Whoever you talked in their parts dept, did not look far enough. GM has 2 lengths. My dealer had in stock, otherwise it would have taken a day or two. My radio reception did not change with the shorter version. Good luck with what you do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looked on the Visual Garage web site and it didn't list one specifically for a Equinox so I e-mailed will post when I get an answer. They deffinately have the best looking one... ;D

·
Registered
850 Posts
There is another thread on the VG shark antenna. They don't advertise for the Nox or Terr. In Pre-release stage for several months. $69.00 + shipping

1 - 15 of 15 Posts