GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm a newbie with a 2011 Equinox LT I bought new. Water is leaking from the headliner, evidently from the roof gutter. There's a bulletin addressing this, so I need to get the roof molding off to re-seal the gutter. I can't figure out how to get the clips to release. Can anyone help? I hate to take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi all! I'm a newbie with a 2011 Equinox LT I bought new. Water is leaking from the headliner, evidently from the roof gutter. There's a bulletin addressing this, so I need to get the roof molding off to re-seal the gutter. I can't figure out how to get the clips to release. Can anyone help? I hate to take it to the dealer...
Sorry--I have no experience with them.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
If you are talking the vinyl molding, then there are threads discussing this regarding adding roof rack rails. You can find them with the Search function. But, I think it just prys off, but make sure !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I've done a search and haven't found anything specific about getting the molding off. It seems like the first clip is the tough one - but I'm not willing to just pry until something breaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts