GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to locate the diameter of the cross rails for my 2011 terrain. Im looking to put pads on the roof for a surfboard or kayak, but need to know the dimensions in order to get the right pads. any info/help is appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,485 Posts
sculax89 said:
I am trying to locate the diameter of the cross rails for my 2011 terrain. Im looking to put pads on the roof for a surfboard or kayak, but need to know the dimensions in order to get the right pads. any info/help is appreciated.
Diameter is usually used for a round object, and the roof rails are much more flat than round. Why not buy a ruler and measure them and get the dimension that you desire ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RIT333 said:
Diameter is usually used for a round object, and the roof rails are much more flat than round. Why not buy a ruler and measure them and get the dimension that you desire ?
thank you for your helpful and insightful response.


I have not yet purchased the cross rails. Per your definition of diameter, i am looking for the length and width of the rails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,485 Posts
sculax89 said:
thank you for your helpful and insightful response.


I have not yet purchased the cross rails. Per your definition of diameter, i am looking for the length and width of the rails.
Sorry - I am away for the weekend, and brought the "wrong" car to be able to help you. Certainly someone on this forum must own a car with a roof rack, and also a ruler. Let's help this person out, OK ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
sculax89 said:
thank you for your helpful and insightful response.


I have not yet purchased the cross rails. Per your definition of diameter, i am looking for the length and width of the rails.
The cross rails are 36" long and 2 1/2" wide.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top