GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2017 Chevy Equinox 2.4 FWD in great condition. It is in excellent condition, with only 28,000 miles. It has a problem that is annoying me to no end. It's actually making me hate the vehicle, after only owning it a month. The problem is a roaring or loudness, only when I'm accelerating or revving the engine pretty hard. The vehicle is nice and quiet at idle and if driving normally. However, if I accelerate fairly hard onto a road or up a hill, I hear this roaring sound...almost like an exhaust leak. I hadn't originally noticed that the sound was present while the vehicle was parked, but I can make the noise happen if I rev the engine pretty high and quick. I was told it could be the problematic exhaust manifold, but I've removed the air intake box and inspected and found nothing out of the ordinary. I had a friend sit in the driver seat and rev the engine. The noise does not seem to come from the exhaust manifold at all. The noise comes from the front (I guess it's the front, the side closest to the front bumper) of the engine, in the area of the throttle where the airbox sits on top of the engine. Any ideas? It's really making me hate it and thinking about getting rid of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hmmm... Sure sounds like the fan clutch is not working right... unless you have electric fans. Not sure what you have, but I'd start looking there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts