GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Equinox LS 2015 Impala 2LT 2002 GMC1/2t 4x4 1957 Truck Street Rod
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently programmed two new FOBs (genuine GM) for our 2019 Equinox. I used the instructions in the Owners Manual in the section titled "Programming with Recognized Transmitters." I am very interested to hear from anyone else who has programmed new FOBs in this manner.

I was very careful to follow the steps EXACTLY as written, but to make the procedure work, I had to modify Step 3. (or maybe more accurately insert another step after the manual's Step 2, before Step 3.)

Before dragging everyone into boring or needless details, I sure do want to hear from anyone else who has made this programming procedure work. I may very well have been doing something stupid, or making a wrong assumption.

And for what it's worth, I looked up the same programming procedure in the owners manuals for each model year from 2018 through 2021, and they are the same. (with one minor exception, not related to my issue).

Thanks everyone !!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Missing step?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello Jay Tee. Do you have a copy of the owners manual handy? -so I don't have to drag everyone through each of the steps?
If not, here it is: https://my.chevrolet.com/content/da...inox/2019-chevrolet-equinox-owners-manual.pdf
Page 33 is where we start.
Thanks.
So the missing step you added between step 2 and step 3 is on page 34?

While people may not have done this car yet, people probably have done the same procedure on other GM cars. We'll need to know whether you got the exact response at each step, or at least that the response you got matched the manual perfectly, and what you did between step 2 and step 3.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your interest in this discussion. -and as I stated at the beginning, I am very interested in hearing from anyone who has programmed their new FOBs as per the instructions in their Owners Manual.

I want you to know I really appreciate this TerrainForum. Unlike some other internet forums I have sampled, I have found good useful information from responsible participants here. And the reasons for me opening this discussion is to not only find out what other people have experienced in programming their FOBs, but certainly share with everyone/anyone that may be interested in exactly how it went for me with our 2019 Equinox..

So, please bear with me in waiting for responses. (-and I am hoping to maybe find out if it was just an error on my part. -In other words, I'm also here to learn !!)

Thanks !!

Reactions: repairman54

·
Registered
128 Posts
And the reasons for me opening this discussion is to not only find out what other people have experienced in programming their FOBs, but certainly share with everyone/anyone that may be interested in exactly how it went for me with our 2019 Equinox.
Yet you are completely unwilling to answer precisely that question from people who do have some of that experience.

So, please bear with me in waiting for responses. (-and I am hoping to maybe find out if it was just an error on my part. -In other words, I'm also here to learn !!)
Please excuse me if I doubt that. Good luck getting any responses while being uncooperative with people who are freely giving you their time and experience. Ta-ta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts