GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to wire an antenna from the right side fender near the hood hinge into the cabin. Anyone one if there are plugs giong that way? I know there is a gap from the fender to the door. I do not want the wire to go through the door jam.

delivers1234

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Im looking to wire an antenna from the right side fender near the hood hinge into the cabin. Anyone one if there are plugs giong that way? I know there is a gap from the fender to the door. I do not want the wire to go through the door jam.

delivers1234
It would help to know what year and model you are working on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry.

Yes. 2013 2.4L Equinox.

I wonder if there is a plug on the inner fender to the cabin. I think I have to take off the inner foot pillar on the passenger side (under the glove compartment. Any help would be appreciated.

I have pics of the outside. My antenna will be on the B circle and the wire will go into the fender and needs to get to the cabin.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Looking at your photos--not answering your question, but a word of caution: I wouldn't mount an antenna as close to the panel edges as you've depicted. I would be concerned with the leverage the antenna would apply to the sheet metal and the propensity to bend/deform the panel itself. Even if the panel has rolled edges, they may not be enough to add the required strength. Just a thought.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
You plan to actually drill a hole through the outside sheet metal ? What is this antenna for ? Seems like there should be a less intrusive place to make this hole. I wouldn't do it, but it is your vehicle !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts