GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. New guy from AZ looking for some help. We have a 2019 Terrain that did not come with the power lift gate. I found a self contained kit that can be installed in a few hours. It works with the GMC key fob, but our fobs don't have the lift gate button. I was going to purchase new key fobs and think I can do the programming myself, but if the original fobs didn't have the lift gate button, it probably won't include that part of the program. Does anyone here have any experience with adding features like this? Would I need to have the dealership program the fobs for the lift gate? The retrofit kit includes a foot kick sensor for the lift gate so we can use that feature, but it would be nice to use a key fob, also. Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Most retrofit kits use the existing fob and you press the unlock button three times to activate the lift gate (or something similar). Check with the supplier of the kit as they may be able to clarify how their fob support works for their kit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most retrofit kits use the existing fob and you press the unlock button three times to activate the lift gate (or something similar). Check with the supplier of the kit as they may be able to clarify how their fob support works for their kit.
Thanks arcee for the quick response. I will contact the kit supplier and make sure that is how their kit works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts