GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my wife hit a deer in her 2020 Terrain, and I bought a new grille but can't find any instructions on how to replace the grille in the new terrains. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Several Youtube videos on this, do a Google search.

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
I thought insurance would cover a deer accident with zero deductible, and no harm to your driving record. When my wife hit a deer, that is what the case was, but this had to be 20 yrs ago.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I thought insurance would cover a deer accident with zero deductible, and no harm to your driving record. When my wife hit a deer, that is what the case was, but this had to be 20 yrs ago.
That's correct. Zero or low deductible and it does not affect your rates.
I would turn it in to insurance and let a body shop do the work.
There's probably more damage than the grill.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Deer are a comprehensive coverage, not collision claims that can raise rates. Time for a new agent and Ins. Co. as they both are ripping you off. I've had multiple deer hits repaired on new and older vehicles without any issues.
Nobody with a late model vehicle is doing front end body work themselves so no free videos or advise is usually available.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L FWD 170.5k miles
4,085 Posts
See if the deer has insurance coverage. LOL
The buck's got your back (I thought) ...

OP - did you pick the name "John Doe" because you hit a deer .. a female deer ... ray - a drop of golden sun ... me - a name, I call myself, far - a long, long way to run ... (sorry, I haven't seen that movie in years ... it's a great movie!)

Seriously, though - and I've told this story before here ... I had a hail damage claim back in 2000, wasn't going to put it into Insurance because I knew what they'd do ... my neighbor across the street was a State Farm rep ... he told me to put it in - so I did ... my rates went up, they blamed it on "tornadoes in the midwest" :rolleyes:, I switched Insurance Companies, got a better rate, then they "ran my record", came back and said, "Sorry, we can't give you that quoted price ... we have to raise it $100" (for a 6-month term). When I asked "why?", they said ... "because you filed a claim". When I asked this PROGRESSIVE rep if he knew what the claim was for, he said ... "it doesn't matter ... you filed a claim ... which makes you a risk to file future claims!".

Insurance Companies will make up any story, any lie, to raise your rates. It's an oligopoly and they're all in on it.

Reactions: RIT333

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I think the bumper cover needs to come off first and then you replace the grill from behind…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts