GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radio quit working and I replaced the radio with another that had the same part number from a Buick and the screen said locked of course because of the stupid theft protection. I went to get it unlocked and unfortunately for me the dealership said the radio wouldn’t take my vin and they couldn’t unlock it so I wasted $50. I’m thinking of trying to buy another used radio and making sure it’s out of a gmc this time so I hopefully don’t have to spend $700 on a brand new one. My question is have any of you replaced your radio with a used one? If so was the dealership able to unlock it for you or is the theft protection going to screw me into paying way too much for a radio that shouldn’t have stopped working in the first place? Thank you in advance for any help I’m getting sick of not having a radio lol.

·
Registered
10,745 Posts
What if you asked these questions to your dealer ? If they say yes, then they should be committed to fix it for the $50

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.