GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have tried a lot of different brand of blades on my 2015. None have stood out as being exceptional. Now I just buy the most reasonably priced ones that fit. Currently using Duralast blades from AutoZone. They have been okay so far. Previously I had Trico NeoForm and they were short lived.

Tried blades from Amazon that were supposed to be identical to OEM, and while they literally looked like factory blades they only lasted 3 months.

My favorite blades have been Valeo blades. I would buy them again. OEM GM blades are also pretty decent if you can find them at a good price.

People also like Bosch Icon blades, but the price on them is so ridiculous I just can't justify it.

Michelin and RainX branded blades have both been total garbage for me. Also, Goodyear brand blades from Costco are poor as well

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
OEM GM blades are also pretty decent if you can find them at a good price
It depends on where you live.
Ice and snow are terrible on blades, even the good, more expensive OEM ones won't last.
I live in AZ, no snow but the sun will dry them out eventually.

I just changed out my originals from 2014 with GM OEM.
About $65 US for the three.

Reactions: garagerog

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go to Canadian Tire and look at their variety, generally you will find around $25 / each. Bosch brands seem to last me about 2 years or so. Reflex also seem to be equivalent.

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1)
99 Posts
I just changed out my originals from 2014 with GM OEM.
About $65 US for the three.
Wow, that's 7 years on a set of GM OEM blades, pretty amazing.
Sounds like those are the way to go. I've never tried OEM GM blades.
I'm do for a replacement here soon and will give those a try.
I'm coming up on 3 rainy seasons on my Bosch Icons and they are fading fast.
I live in the PNW so they get used alot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's 7 years on a set of GM OEM blades, pretty amazing.
Sounds like those are the way to go. I've never tried OEM GM blades.
I'm do for a replacement here soon and will give those a try.
I'm coming up on 3 rainy seasons on my Bosch Icons and they are fading fast.
I live in the PNW so they get used alot.

I have found GM blades to be the best. Bosch Icon are also good. The best prices are usually at Rockauto.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Rock Auto is my source for blades. Usually, I go with Trico or Anco who are OEM suppliers.
With multiple vehicles in the ''fleet'' shipping isn't bad either.
Michelin and Badyear are also junk in my experience.

Reactions: jackass

·
Registered
159 Posts
Rock Auto is my source for blades. Usually, I go with Trico or Anco who are OEM suppliers.
With multiple vehicles in the ''fleet'' shipping isn't bad either.
Michelin and Badyear are also junk in my experience.
Pretty much the same for me. I generally order blades for both vehicles once a year just to have them ready to go when one starts skipping along the glass. Most of the ANCO/TRICO ones I have used last 1-2 years. I had a set of Bosch I really liked that held out for 3 years, but no longer available.

·
Registered
2013,Terrain, 2.4 motor, AWD, SLE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You! I keep this thread for future reference. But situation turned out to be emergency, so I got drivers side Reflex on sale for $14 to drive home in torrential rain. Get the proper complete set after worse of this winter is gone.

·
Registered
284 Posts
At $14, replace the passenger at the same time, if one is bad the other is not far behind..

·
Registered
2013,Terrain, 2.4 motor, AWD, SLE
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
At $14, replace the passenger at the same time, if one is bad the other is not far behind..
Thanks, good idea. I am done. Windshield with no streaks. Perfectly clear.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts