GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, thinking about Goodyear Assurance when the OEM Hancocks wear out. Any other tire suggestions anyone has used? Happy with?
I have a FWD 2.0

·
Registered
266 Posts
I plan on replacing the Hankooks with Goodyear Assurance Maxlife tires.. tirerack.com ratings for them are excellent. RIght now the Hankooks have just 6,500mi. (2019 Denali) but I bought a set of wheels for the bridgestone blizzaks that are on the car all winter

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Goodyear Assurance Weather Ready tires are also a good choice if you need to drive in snow part of the year.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I’m running 20x8 Camaro rims, but I have a set of 245/45/20 Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S that just came in last week waiting for me to get them installed. I did the research, they’re made by Michelin, have a good warranty (65K miles for my size, 75K in 17” sizes) and they were reasonably priced! Have no idea if they’re available in your needed size, but I’m giving them a try... I ordered mine from tirebuyer...I also got a 7% teacher discount at tirebuyer and then used a credit card linked to my PayPal account for an additional 5% cash back on PayPal purchases :cool:

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I’m running 20x8 Camaro rims, but I have a set of 245/45/20 Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring A/S that just came in last week waiting for me to get them installed. I did the research, they’re made by Michelin, have a good warranty (65K miles for my size, 75K in 17” sizes) and they were reasonably priced! Have no idea if they’re available in your needed size, but I’m giving them a try... I ordered mine from tirebuyer...I also got a 7% teacher discount at tirebuyer and then used a credit card linked to my PayPal account for an additional 5% cash back on PayPal purchases :cool:
Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires came on my 2002 Impala from the factory. I got very good service out of them. In fact, I've been thinking of going back to them for my next set when I reach the 240,000-250,000 mile window on my Impala.. I've got some Goodyear's on there now (Assurance?), and they haven't done very well, but then again ... I got them at Wal-Mart, so what do you expect, right?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have goodyear assurance weatherready on my 2012 fwd v6. Ive put about 12k miles on them so far and havent had any troubles yet. We had a mild winter so didnt get much snow or ice driving yet. They work great in rain and dry. There quiet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ordered a set of the Goodyear Assurance Weatherready for the wifes Envision on 19's that will be coming in Friday. I downsized my Terrain to 18's to put on a set of Falken Wildpeak AT Trails. Both are severe snow triple mountain peak rated.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires came on my 2002 Impala from the factory. I got very good service out of them. In fact, I've been thinking of going back to them for my next set when I reach the 240,000-250,000 mile window on my Impala.. I've got some Goodyear's on there now (Assurance?), and they haven't done very well, but then again ... I got them at Wal-Mart, so what do you expect, right?
Assurance at WM are not the same tire as Assurance from other vendors. Goodyear makes specific ones for WM and they are only warrantied at / by WM . Goodyear store will not even warranty them if you bought them at WM.
I've never had good luck with Goodyears, I've got Bridgestone Alenza HL on my 'nox now. I liked the wear and snow grip of them on my Tahoe so I'm trying them on the 'nox. Some tire noise but winter grip is great and 80k wear rating. About 15k on them now and look like new, in fact got a nail in shoulder of one so had to replace it and only had a little more than a 1/32 of wear compared to the new one.

Reactions: Colt Hero

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I have goodyear assurance weatherready on my 2012 fwd v6. Ive put about 12k miles on them so far and havent had any troubles yet. We had a mild winter so didnt get much snow or ice driving yet. They work great in rain and dry. There quiet as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those tires are on my short list for next tire replacement. If we ever get to drive our vehicles more than we have since March 2020 and COVID-19.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those tires are on my short list for next tire replacement. If we ever get to drive our vehicles more than we have since March 2020 and COVID-19.
Hopefully by next Spring/Summer things will largely be back to "normal" as it relates to driving and commuting. I think we are in store for another 6-8 months of whatever you want to call this current situation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts