GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the years I've found 10K miles to be a good time to replace the cabin filter on our vehicles. So a few weeks ago at about 10,500 miles I checked our Terrain's original filter. Sure enough, it was dirty. It wasn't really bad so I'm sure I've could have gone awhile before changing it but I already had a replacement on hand (WIX 49368).

The WIX filter fit perfectly and looked to be well made. It's very simple to check or change the filter and it took me all of about 5 minutes to replace it. It's located behind the glove box. Just open the glove box and look up for a little tab. Press it out of the way so the glove box can swing down. At first I tried to get at the filter with the glove box attached. This didn't work and my hands and wrists actually forced the glove box off the little plastic tabs at the bottom. This is how I learned the glove box easily detaches from the dash.

Once the glove box is off, it's easy to just reach in and slide the filter cover off. I think there were a couple locking tabs to depress to remove the cover. From there you can grab either side of the filter and work it out. Once you have the new filter and cover back in place, the glove box easily snaps back into the little tabs at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I changed mine a while back with the same Wix replacement..it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be initially. I find that the cabin filter doesn't really block strong odors such as dead skunks on the road or the petroleum production in certain parts of my state, (Texas)....but it does greatly reduce the amount of dust in the cabin. I have a pet peeve about dusty dashboards and air vents, but I find that I spend roughly half the time dusting the interior of my Nox that I used to spend on my old car that didn't have a cabin air filter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do they make a carbon cabin filter for the nox yet? I put these in my audi and they a make a remarkable diffference in odors/ dust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts