GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Vehicle in question is a 2005 Equinox LT AWD.

The parts I have replaced are as follows:
Complete front lower control arms (ball joints, bushings, bolts)
Both front struts and mounts. (less the coil springs)
Both front stabilizer links.
Both coil spring insulators.

The tie rods are tight. There is no play in the ball joints. The bushings on the sway bar looks great and the bar isn't cracked/broken. The front and rear engine/trans mounts look good and feel fine when pressure is applied with a pry bar. I can't for the life of me find a loose part anywhere in the front end.

It happens when I going over certain bumps in the road at any speed really, and also certain times when I turn I can feel it. Also, there is a creak when you turn left only. I don't know what else to replace/check. ANY advice is much appreciated. I've been hunting this issue for 4 weeks now and I'm about ready to drive the nox into a deep dark lake.

Thanks in advanced!

-David

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? Have you brought this to the attention of your local dealer? Feel free to contact me as well for more assistance. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any updates on this? I'm having the same exact problem and would like to see if someone has nailed down the culprit of these rattles!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I found the fix but am waiting to post it. Well at least for the rattling sound in the front suspension anyway. It seems GM has some "concerned individuals" on this and other sites that refuse to share info that may have been helpful to the mechanics who look for solutions here on these sites. Since they have allowed millions of repair dollars to go wasted by dealerships playing swaptronics with parts changes that fixed nothing, I will wait and see how they would like to compensate my troubleshooting knowledge. So with that said, GM.........how much is it worth to you??

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
santis5 said:
I found the fix but am waiting to post it. Well at least for the rattling sound in the front suspension anyway. It seems GM has some "concerned individuals" on this and other sites that refuse to share info that may have been helpful to the mechanics who look for solutions here on these sites. Since they have allowed millions of repair dollars to go wasted by dealerships playing swaptronics with parts changes that fixed nothing, I will wait and see how they would like to compensate my troubleshooting knowledge. So with that said, GM.........how much is it worth to you??
Zero

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
santis5 said:
Please feel free to contact me privately with more information. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
92 Posts
santis5 said:
Sounds like BS to me. What's the big secret?

·
Registered
92 Posts
jackiek said:
Sounds like BS to me. What's the big secret?
Sounds like santis is yanking every one's chain here. He has the fix to a problem that someone else originally posted, but is not telling anyone. I would not put any credence in any thing he post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll be happy to share it, not even trying to keep it from the owners with this problem. But for those who think its BS don't even ask what it is, you know so much!

·
Registered
16 Posts
jackiek said:
Sounds like santis is yanking every one's chain here. He has the fix to a problem that someone else originally posted, but is not telling anyone. I would not put any credence in any thing he post.
No, just yours! But since you put no credence in what I post, or choose not to post, why even respond to me? Oh, you are one of those people who look to start crap for the sake of starting crap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Members with this problem, private message me for the fix. Then take the vehicle to the dealer and make sure they fix it! It is easy enough for the DIYer to do though, takes maybe 20 minutes and zero dollars.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
santis5 said:
Hey Skippy, Are you part of GM??
No, but it appears as though you don't understand just what the GM reps do on here. They are not enginers or mecanics they are here to help guide you to the right person and/or department within GM to help with ones problems.
Find yourself a good mechanic and fix your 7 year old vehicle and its done with...
****, you must be psychic you figured out how to fix vehicle and you know my name is skippy I'm impressed :D :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
jackiek said:
You were the one who came on here saying you had the solution to the problem but you were not going to share it with anyone until GM gave you something. A 7 year old car out of warranty and you're looking for a payout from GM. You act like you're some secret agent with information that will only go to the highest bidder. Get Real.

·
Registered
16 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
No, but it appears as though you don't understand just what the GM reps do on here. They are not enginers or mecanics they are here to help guide you to the right person and/or department within GM to help with ones problems.
Find yourself a good mechanic and fix your 7 year old vehicle and its done with...
****, you must be psychic you figured out how to fix vehicle and you know my name is skippy I'm impressed :D :D
Oh is that their purpose? :sosad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem and had my wife get in the EQ and turn the wheel while I was under it. I took note of all the pivot points and sprayed with lubricant. I can't remember which kind of lubricant, but this stopped the creaking noise when turning. I did have to respray after a couple of years. There is still some kind of weird subtle knock when hitting a bump or pot hole which I cannot pin point. Same since new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You might want to check the CV/AXEL Joints. I also read something about adjusting the rack & pinion preload. It's a pretty simple procedure but just be careful not to adjust it to much or it will fail prematurely. You should be able to tell if there is any play in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, need the same assistance. My ABS is kicking in on dry pavement at low speeds. Paid the dealer $533.00+ to have both front wheel speed sensors replaced. Worked great for two months and now it is happening again. Since it worked fine for two months, apparently, it has something to do with that - any advice?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts