GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the rear GMC emblem on the Terrain? Need to know if the emblem is attached with just adhesive or is it bolted down.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Adhesive tape, about a centimetre wide.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
If your talking about the one on the chrome piece, it's held on with 3m tape
I'd use a hair drier on it and use some dental floss to remove the letters then clean the chrome ...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Are you embarrassed about driving a GMC vehicle? ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, thanks guys for the info.

GARYD- No not embarrassed to drive a GMC, if i was i wouldn't have bought one lol. Just like the look of a clean rear and didn't want to remove it if it was going to leave holes.

thanks again guys

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm thinking about de-badging all together. Or just relocating some of them. (the Terrain logos on the front doors annoy me cause they are never clean coming out of the car wash and leave a heck of a mess under them)
None of the other emblems are pin style are they?

I had thought about a total de-badge aside from the GMC on the Chrome under the rear window.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Use 3M Gereral Purpose Adhesive Remover and floss. The 3M will gum up the adhesive and you can just rub it off the chrome. It took me all of 5 minutes to do.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hmm so do you think its safe to assume the Nox's emblems are also just sticked on?

·
Registered
30 Posts
COTTONSEED they are also adhesive taped on ...... my badges just got ripped off ten minutes ago
;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
tazbee67 said:
COTTONSEED they are also adhesive taped on ...... my badges just got ripped off ten minutes ago
;)
NICE! I might do mine too today, do you have any pictures?

·
Registered
30 Posts
no camera is broke..... lookes at it today may put back on didnt see the bulge for the top of the chevy emblem last night but it looks out of place now and im not likeing it as much as i thought

·
Registered
432 Posts
Had the Terrain in the garage today doing the windows and tires... Took a couple good long looks at the Emblems and just about started pulling them today.
My only hesitation right now is do i take them all or just certain ones.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Everything except the rear GMC came off today. That still might come off, haven't decided yet. I want to make sure i want it off before i take it off.

My rear emblem has come off since this was posted. Nice clean look now.

·
Registered
69 Posts
use Plasti Dip. It will be easier to apply over a curved surface.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts