GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Equinox 2LT. It came with a front license plate mount, but here in NC a front license plate is not required. I think it really detracts from the sleek styling and look of the Equinox and I want to remove it. Has anyone addressed this and if so, how was the mount removed? Also, what was used to patch the holes. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
Try a search - many people have tackled this problem with many different solutions.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Being that you recently purchased the vehicle, I would recommend that you contact your local dealership for more information. They should be able to assist you in addressing the issue. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I drilled out the rivets that were attaching mine. I haven't patched the holes yet because they're actually not noticeable. But there's plenty of sites that sell bumper plugs just google it. I've also heard of people buying PVC plugs from lowes or home depot and using touch up paint on them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i used a 3/16" drill bit to drill them out. then i used a screw driver to clearance the foam behind the bumper cover and inserted these babies i bought from lowes for $0.80 for a pack of 2.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts