GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I would like to remove the interior door panels and put some Dynamat-like material on the inside of the doors to help dampen the exterior sound as well as improve the response from the car's speakers.

I've done this on a few of my cars in the past, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the Terrain's panels.

On other cars, there's usually a little notch along the bottom side of the interior panel that you can insert a tool and pry the panel out. Usually there's push pins that simply need to be pulled out as the door panel is removed.

I know there's a little cover on the door panel under the handle where the storage bin is that has a couple hex-screws that need removed, but I can't seem to find a spot where you start to pry the door panel away.

Anyone attempt something like this yet? I don't want to just start pulling and snap something or whatever.

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
ShockwaveTXB said:
So I would like to remove the interior door panels and put some Dynamat-like material on the inside of the doors to help dampen the exterior sound as well as improve the response from the car's speakers.

I've done this on a few of my cars in the past, but I can't seem to figure out how to remove the Terrain's panels.

On other cars, there's usually a little notch along the bottom side of the interior panel that you can insert a tool and pry the panel out. Usually there's push pins that simply need to be pulled out as the door panel is removed.

I know there's a little cover on the door panel under the handle where the storage bin is that has a couple hex-screws that need removed, but I can't seem to find a spot where you start to pry the door panel away.

Anyone attempt something like this yet? I don't want to just start pulling and snap something or whatever.
http://www.terrainforum.net/index.php?topic=4231.0

1 - 4 of 4 Posts