GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered new speakers for '10 Equinox since I am experiencing crappy sound/buzzing and thought the speakers were crappy (I'm sure they are) and one had gone bad. Turns out it's a common problem, not directly related to the speakers, but I'm going to replace them anyway. Is there instructions anywhere on removing the front and rear door panels?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had the same problem and the dealership told me it wasnt with the speakers. I told them the speakers were blown. They finally replaced them under warranty and sure enough it was the speakers that were blown.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to follow up in case anyone else is having this issue... Replacing the speakers took care of the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In the 2010 model year the door speakers that were made for the vehicle were not made to a tight enough tolerance. Replacing the door speakers with factory replacements will take care of the speaker noise, there is updated speakers. Basically what is happening is the speaker is putting out an unwanted frequency and the active noise cancellation system picks up that noise and tries to cancel it. So basically the speaker will output unwanted noise as the active noise cancellation system will trying to cancel out the unwanted frequency the speaker is outputting causing a buzz type noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts