GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased the LED bulbs for my 1LT 2011 Nox and haven't quite figured out how to remove the covers so that I may replace the factory bulbs or whatever is currently in there. I tried gently on the map lights, but was afraid that I would break something if I used any extra force. tks, dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is probably notches on the lense if you look close enough. Just use a small flathead screwdriver and it should pop right off. Some people can use their fingernails to get them off too. :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Just a tip - small screwdriver and start with the two corners of the lens that faces the front of the vehicle, there are small tabs at those corners[/color]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Used a small screw driver and had to use a little force, but not much and got them to pop off. LED lightning now installed. What a difference. Probably wouldn't have mattered had we not :thumb: bought a new Ford Focus this past year and it has LED lighting. Got spoiled I guess. tks, dave

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Your welcome[/color]

·
Registered
472 Posts
What size bulbs did you use 194's?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you get a specific color LED or just "white"? My wife loves the blue lights in her NOX so I ordered blue courtesy LEDs (her 1LT didnt come with courtesy lights). Do you prefer the LED light compared to the off white from regular filament bulbs?

JCarm75

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just replace 8 interior lights with LEDs this morning for $1 each. I like the white color. The brightness is about the same and they are cool compare to the factory bulbs. I almost burn my fingers when pulling them out. Now if anyone can tell me how to remove the covers for the vanity lights in the visor, I will replace them too.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
KD123 said:
I just replace 8 interior lights with LEDs this morning for $1 each. I like the white color. The brightness is about the same and they are cool compare to the factory bulbs. I almost burn my fingers when pulling them out. Now if anyone can tell me how to remove the covers for the vanity lights in the visor, I will replace them too.
This may be tough to explain, but I'll do my best. ;D

First off keep in mind that these covers are very tough and take more than normal force to remove ( compared to the headliner covers for example). A small mechanics screw driver seems to work quite well, so, starting with the LH side (drivers side) visor, and the lens cover on the left side of the mirror. Place the blade of the screwdriver on the right side of the lens about 1 cm down from the top corner and insert between lens and the visor and force lens cover out a small amount so that it stays out from the visor by itself. Then do the same from the bottom right side corner of the lens just up about 1 cm from the corner and repeat the process.
I think you'll be able to figure the rest from here.

Just a footnote, the visors do not use 194 bulbs. They are the AGC (fuse) type of bulb, 3 LED type in this case.

Hopefully my image will post[/color]

Attachments

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
KD123 said:
Thanks for the tip. So they are already LED type? I need to order some bulb in white then.
They are not OEM LED type, they utilize a filament - like the 194's do, just shaped like a AGC fuse. [/color]

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just order the bulbs from eBay. They are more expensive than the 194. I just put the remaining two 194s into the license plate light and they are brighter than stock. I will post about the vanity when I install them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just replace the four vanity bulbs with LEDs today. Prying the cover is just like POLRCUB said using a small and thin flat head screw driver. It does not take much force. My whole interior now has all LEDs including the console. Now if I can add blue ambient light to the door like in the LTZ I 'll be happy. My daughter said it looks weird with white interior light.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts