GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to tackle my first cylinder head removal that is equipped with California emmisions.

At first glance I do not see how the pipes are attached to the head. The obvious bolts have been removed, but the pipes are still firmly attached to the head. Until they are removed, the manifold cannot be removed from the head or catalytic converter.

If anyone has a diagram of what I'm missing, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ended up just yanking the head with everything still attached. Doing so I realized that is the easiest route.

I pity the techs that need to service the pipes on tne vehicle still

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I ended up just yanking the head with everything still attached. Doing so I realized that is the easiest route.

I pity the techs that need to service the pipes on tne vehicle still
Not sure what pipes you were referring to or what year you were working on.
Secondary Air Injection system??

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I remember having a secondary air injection pump and tubes going to each of the exhaust manifold points for each cylinder on the 1969 Chevy C10 pickup truck I had.
Back then, those pumps would go bad and start to rattle and eventually just fall apart or implode.
So. . no inspections back then and I just removed the pump, cut the tubes and crimped and bent over the tube stubs I left near each cylinder exhaust manifold position.

·
Registered
9,973 Posts
JayTee si yo7 are thr reason for this global warming. Hotter than heck the last 3 days. Too hot for the fish to bite !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts