GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I took my 11' Terrain SLT 2 in today regarding recall 11195. A couple of questions:

- Has anyone else had this recall fix performed on their car? If so, what did they "fix" exactly, and did you notice any differences?

- When I was at the dealer, I mentioned to the tech that when I remote start the car, the seats don't warm up. Not that the dash lights don't come on without
the key in the ignition, but that the seats do not warm. His response was, it isn't supposed to. He went on to tell me that the only way the seats will warm is
with the key in the ignition. I asked him what the remote setting was in the config, and he kinda shrugged his shoulders. I told him that wasn't what I
understood the operation to be and that I would get back to him.

I am perfectly willing to accept that I am wrong about the seat operation, so any clarification would be appreciated. The car is in the shop now and I want to get back to the tech today if possible, before the work is finished.

Thanks!
George

·
Registered
241 Posts
The seat heaters will turn on if the outside temp is below 40 F as long as you have that option turned on. As soon as you turn the key on, the seat heaters are deactivated and have to be manually engaged if you want the heaters to continue to operate.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
George,

Have your concerns been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you with the last eight of your VIN. Feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Tricia,

Thanks for responding. No, I have not resolved this issue (My Terrain is still at the dealer), and I did leave you a PM yesterday. I'll leave you another.

G

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
OK....I will be nice...:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From the 2011 Terrain manual:

Remote Start Heated Seats
When it is cold outside, the heated
seats can be programmed to turn on
automatically during a remote
vehicle start. The heated seats will
be canceled when the ignition is
turned on. Press the heated seat
button to use the heated seats after
the vehicle is started.
The heated seat button lights will
not turn on during a remote start.
The temperature of an unoccupied
seat may be reduced.
To program the heated seat feature
to enabled, see “Remote Start
Auto Heat Seats” under Vehicle
Personalization on page 5 32 for
more information.

From pages 5-32,33:

Remote Start Auto Heat Seats
When on, this feature will turn
the heated seats on when using
remote start on cold days.
Press the MENU/SELECT knob
when “Remote Start Auto
Heat Seats” is highlighted to
toggle between “On” or “Off.”
Press } BACK to confirm the
selection and go back to the
last menu.

I understand that sometimes the manual doesn’t tell everything, but this seems to clearly say that the heated seats can be used with the remote start, regardless of the key being in the ignition.

·
Registered
77 Posts
IMHO, Outside temp is the key ingredient... remote start AND outside temp below 40... We park in the garage and it is warmer in the garage than the outside so when our outdoor thermometer says 35, it can be over 40 in garage... and our seats do not warm then. I seldom use the remote start (has not been that cold this winter).. YMMV

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hawkeye-08 said:
IMHO, Outside temp is the key ingredient... remote start AND outside temp below 40... We park in the garage and it is warmer in the garage than the outside so when our outdoor thermometer says 35, it can be over 40 in garage... and our seats do not warm then. I seldom use the remote start (has not been that cold this winter).. YMMV
Hawkeye,

Thanks for your response. Is it documented somewhere about what temp triggers this to work or not? I have to say that while you may be right, this doesn't make sense. Is 50 degrees too warm to heat your seats? Is 45? Who determined 40??? lol seems ridiculous to me...

G

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have my configured to turn on with remote start..

Its been mild here in Detroit, I remote start every morning. I dont notice the seats turn on, unless its extremely cold outside..which is when I would want them on.. Then, when I get in the car, I need to turn them on, if I want to continue with the seats..

this was the same with my 2011 and current 2012.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts