GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone who has remote started their Nox or Terrain, noticed that the system turns on the rear window defroster. I can't find any reference to that in the manual. All it mentions is heated seats. Is this another automatic feature when it's cold out?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes, the heated side mirrors come on as well. Wish our vehicles had a front wiper heater element... that would have been a perfect addition to the mirrors and rear defrost operation with remote start.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Really agree with the front wiper heater area idea.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chrysler had that a number of years ago with one of their mini vans. For some reason they did not keep it. What ever happened to Ford's insta-clear windshield, had heating elements in the glass.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Used a lot of power - required huge alternator.
Also disrupts radio signals making things like GPSD units and cell phones less effective and items like EZ-Pass useless requiring a special exterior transponder attached to the license plate.

G

·
Didn't GM used to have an inline windshield washer fluid heater element that would help in de-icing the windshield quickly....but then there was a recall on this heater and the company went bankrupt.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Just wondering if putting warm/hot fluid on frozen windshield might crack the windshield?

·
Registered
107 Posts
When you have the heated seats set to turn on with the remote start, do the buttons on the dash turn on to indicate that the heated seats are on when you have used the remote start ie. the 3 yellow lights are on for each seat? I could swear that they were on a while back when I had the feature turned on, but today I started the Terrain with the remote start and the lights did not come on. It was about - 6 C out and it took me about 5 minutes to clear the snow. The drivers seat felt like it was warming up, but as I say, no lights were on.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Seveniron said:
When you have the heated seats set to turn on with the remote start, do the buttons on the dash turn on to indicate that the heated seats are on when you have used the remote start ie. the 3 yellow lights are on for each seat? I could swear that they were on a while back when I had the feature turned on, but today I started the Terrain with the remote start and the lights did not come on. It was about - 6 C out and it took me about 5 minutes to clear the snow. The drivers seat felt like it was warming up, but as I say, no lights were on.
Looks like I have an answer......I searched the owners manual. Here it is for anyone else that is wondering.

When Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
transmitter is used to remote start
the vehicle, the front heated seats
will heat to the highest setting if it is
cold outside. When the ignition is
turned on with the key the heated
seat feature turns off. Press the
button to turn the feature back on.

:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Seveniron said:
No, The lights do not light up if you remote start and the seats turn on. The seat does warm up but it takes about 5-8 minutes when the car is started for you to actually feel the heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts