GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a new 2012 Equinox. The question is when I remote start the car and put the key in the ignition the rear window de-fogger is always on. When I shut down the car at night I set the fan speed and heat/defrost for the morning warm-up. I do NOT have the REAR de-fogger on. Is there a way to program the car to NOT have the rear de-fogger come on when using the remote start ? I also do NOT have the AUTO climate control just the regular controls. Thanx

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think it comes on automatically when it's cold outside. I noticed this to, only since the outside temperature drops. Didn't see it in the summer, or when I park in the garage. The auto seat warmers also work in the same way. I have them set to auto, but obviously they don't come on in the summer ;D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
In the settings on the color touch screen..the configuration menu..Cant remember what menu item its under..

its a remote start item..when you click on it you can click either off or on for the rear defogger and the seats for remote start..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
regardless of the automatic climate control, I would think you still will have the on screen setting for the car remote start as I mentioned..hopefully someone else can confirm.

·
Registered
482 Posts
wrusprod said:
regardless of the automatic climate control, I would think you still will have the on screen setting for the car remote start as I mentioned..hopefully someone else can confirm.
I don't believe there is any way to set the rear defroster to come on or be off during a remote start. It appears to be set from the factory to come on automatically depending on the outside air temperature.

There is a setting to turn on or off the heated seats during a remote start in the personalization menu but nothing for the rear defroster.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It does seem to be a temperature defaul setting. While it may not be needed each time I see no harm in letting come on. Better on then off when it is needed.
BTW - I traded a 2001 Tracker for the Nox -- My biggest complaint about the Tracker was defrost. On a normal cold day it could just keep up with two, breathing adults. If tere was any moisture in the air -- I was wiping down the windshield as we drove... No such complaint with the Equinox -- love the defrost in this car

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
novaray said:
Hello, I have a new 2012 Equinox. The question is when I remote start the car and put the key in the ignition the rear window de-fogger is always on. When I shut down the car at night I set the fan speed and heat/defrost for the morning warm-up. I do NOT have the REAR de-fogger on. Is there a way to program the car to NOT have the rear de-fogger come on when using the remote start ? I also do NOT have the AUTO climate control just the regular controls. Thanx
I would be happy to look into this for you as well with the last eight of your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2012 Equinox LT also and noticed that at times, when using the remote start, the rear defogger is automatically turned on and after observing this for a few weeks came to the conclusion that it was (as others have noted) based on exterior temperature. From what I've seen, I'm guessing it has to be under 40 degrees.

I'm in Rochester, NY and park outside --- I LOVE ;D this feature. I've always thought it would be nice if a remote start would also work for the rear defogger and lo and behold, the Equinox does just that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts