GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about 3 months agos my AstroStart remote start started working intermittently. Sometimes when you press the start key it will make the normal tone sequence like it's going to start, but then doesn't start, and the vehicle does nothing. In fact none of the buttons on the vob do anything, leaving me to have to open the door with the key too as it won't unlock the doors.

Today for the 2nd time, the PassLock theft-deterrent light came on. This light got me wondering if the two are related because I think it was about 3 months ago as well that this light came on for me for the 1st time. The owners manual says to check fuses or bring it in to the dealership, however I don't see a fuse that seems related to the pass lock feature. Also ever since I got the vehicle, if I were to start it with the astrostart and then get in the vehicle and accidently press the brake before the putting the key in the ignition then the vehicle always either starts funny or takes a couple times of turning it over before it will start.

And last, not sure if this is related at all either but something with my radio antenna has happened to as the whole unit seems to move and shake when going down the road at speeds over 55 mph.

Any advice would be great here! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they were related. If the Passkey module is acting up, it's very likely that it would be reading the remote start signal incorrectly and preventing the crank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts