GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having an issue with their remote radio control, pressing it as "Source" does flip thru the XM, FM, AM, etc, but as far as the up/down arrows, it does the same thing. If FM is selected and I try to bump it up to the next station, it just selects another source, seems flaky as sometimes it partially works. Does allow me to move on to different XM channels sometimes. I think it's defective. Am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
its pretty touchy...I Found the one on my 2011 even more sensitive..

make sure your flicking it up or down, and not still pushing 'in'..(which changes the source)..

if still an issue, could be problem with switch.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I believe the up/down only goes through favorite inputs. So if you have XM/AM/FM mixed on your favorites it will go through them. It's not a tune button as almost every other vehicle I have owned has been. It's a favorite selector.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
my impression from the OP is that it goes through the 'sources' when clicking up or down...just like the pushing of the button does..

clicking up or down takes you through your programmed favorites..pushing it, goes through sources...XM,FM,AM...

i know that mine can be touchy...where if i do scroll it up or down, it sometimes goes to sources..

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
Anyone having an issue with their remote radio control, pressing it as "Source" does flip thru the XM, FM, AM, etc, but as far as the up/down arrows, it does the same thing. If FM is selected and I try to bump it up to the next station, it just selects another source, seems flaky as sometimes it partially works. Does allow me to move on to different XM channels sometimes. I think it's defective. Am I doing something wrong?
Has your concern been resolved? Please feel free to contact em if you have further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies, I believe Jediskipdogg is correct. Thats how mine works, the "arrows" actually are cycling through the favorites (probably as designed) I have to dig out the Owners Manual and read up on this, I guess I'm a bit lazy.

·
Registered
289 Posts
EquinoxFF1063 said:
Thanks for the replies, I believe Jediskipdogg is correct. Thats how mine works, the "arrows" actually are cycling through the favorites (probably as designed) I have to dig out the Owners Manual and read up on this, I guess I'm a bit lazy.
It takes some getting use to as every other GM vehicle I have owned never did this. Personally, I like it this way better because I can mix FM, AM, and XM and use the steering wheel to easily go between them all. I'm a month in and still getting use to it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
pretty much the same thing I said...guess I didnt get your question..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Thank you! ;D

I have noticed since you posted, that my 2012 radio control works much better, than on the 2011 I had..
I stopped using it on the 2011, because it seemed to change source instead of channel too much.

either 2012 is not as sensitive or Im just using it properly now!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts