GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My horn won't toot when locking remotely. Went into settings and made sure a check mark was next to lights and horn. Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Mine toots quite often with the fob in my pocket and me not touching it (darn FOB thing). Try pressing lock twice in a row.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pressing twice works but is that the way it's supposed to work? Owners manual doesn't specify that. thx for your response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
ljlevin07 said:
pressing twice works but is that the way it's supposed to work? Owners manual doesn't specify that. thx for your response.
Yes, it is working correctly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
ljlevin07 said:
pressing twice works but is that the way it's supposed to work? Owners manual doesn't specify that. thx for your response.
wkeatonjr said:
Yes, it is working correctly.
Just to add to wkeatonjr, yes that's the way it's designed, one press of the button will lock vehicle but not arm the vehicle, pressing twice will honk horn (if you choose that setting) and arm the vehicles theft deterent system.

I also believe that with the vehicle in its armed mode, if the vehicle has been compromised some way, once you return to the vehicle, the DIC will indicate such an event. If memory serves me correct, I think I read that somewhere in my MY10 Manual when I had that truck.

Someone chime in if I'm wrong [/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
I thought the car was armed on the first click of the remote and the second click with horn was just an audible confirmation. I need to read the manual again on this one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,828 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
I thought the car was armed on the first click of the remote and the second click with horn was just an audible confirmation. I need to read the manual again on this one.
Ahh, I think your right!!! That does make more sense - somewhat - could work either way I guess[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
POLRCUB said:
Ahh, I think your right!!! That does make more sense - somewhat - could work either way I guess[/color]
The manual doesn't really say specifically. It does say the anti theft system will arm 30 sec after pressing the lock on the RKE. So I tested it with horn alert on and off and either way the system armed 30 seconds after pressing the button on the remote (light on dash started to blink indicating it was armed).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx for your responses. If that's normal than why is there a vehicle setting for both light and horn to activate when locking with remote? that doesn;t make sense to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Terra-Nox said:
Mine toots quite often with the fob in my pocket and me not touching it (darn FOB thing). Try pressing lock twice in a row.
Likewise, or I set the panic mode off....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Likewise, or I set the panic mode off....
Or raise the liftgate (sometimes not seeing it until the morning :banghead: )

Getting less frequent as the FOB battery ages though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
ljlevin07 said:
Thx for your responses. If that's normal than why is there a vehicle setting for both light and horn to activate when locking with remote? that doesn;t make sense to me.
My deduction is that the horn/lights are for confirmation in the event you are not sure that you actually pressed the lock button far enough, forgot to push it or the signal didn't reach the car; you can press it again and get lights or horn or both to confirm the lock.

I also expected the horn/lights on the first press so I am still not sure why it was designed that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
482 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
I also expected the horn/lights on the first press so I am still not sure why it was designed that way.
Me either, but it could be a tad annoying in a busy mall parking lot with a lot of beeping going on with people going in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
I have my RKE setting for lights only. This sets the security after 30 seconds. If I hit the lock
again within five seconds I get the confirmation that the car is indeed locked; this is good if
you are on the edge of coverage. With the card locked, you can still open the lift gate with
the fob without setting off the alarm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Very recently, within the last two months, I have noticed that when I exit the vehicle and I push the lock button on the remote once, the horn sounds. I thought it was just a fluke but it has done it several times; As recently as last night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,772 Posts
Phantm006 said:
Very recently, within the last two months, I have noticed that when I exit the vehicle and I push the lock button on the remote once, the horn sounds. I thought it was just a fluke but it has done it several times; As recently as last night.
What did the vehicle do before? Please feel free to contact me and I will look into this for you. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
What did the vehicle do before? Please feel free to contact me and I will look into this for you. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
Beforehand i have to hit it once to lock and twice for the horn confirmation. But now it's one for all. First button push. Really weird.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top