GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of silly, but here goes......I love my new SLT-2 Terrain, but have had a weird issue twice now, and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions, other than not to put my keys in my pocket. On two occasions I have looked out the window at my Terrain and found the lift gate open. I know it was not a matter of just leaving it open from use, because neither time had I exited the vehicle and opened the gate. I think that somehow while my key fob is in my pocket, I am hitting the button on the remote. Does anyone know of a way to lock this feature or put some sort of additional required action on it?

·
Registered
144 Posts
If the vehicle is locked, the lightgate cannot be opened. I have a leather cover over my fob that helps prevent accidental lock/unlock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rickbb63 said:
If the vehicle is locked, the lightgate cannot be opened. I have a leather cover over my fob that helps prevent accidental lock/unlock.
Wow, so I must be unlocking it and hitting the lift gate button - lots of activity in that pocket ;) Good idea about the leather cover. Thanks rickbb63.

·
Registered
10,400 Posts
rickbb63 said:
Not true with my LTZ Nox. I can open the liftgate from the remote WITHOUT first inlocking the vehicle. I always thought that it was strange, but that it how it operates.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can open the liftgate from the remote WITHOUT first inlocking the vehicle on my LT2. Then I unlock the doors with the remote.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RIT333 said:
Not true with my LTZ Nox. I can open the liftgate from the remote WITHOUT first inlocking the vehicle. I always thought that it was strange, but that it how it operates.
2010 Nox 2LT said:
I can open the liftgate from the remote WITHOUT first inlocking the vehicle on my LT2. Then I unlock the doors with the remote.
You guys are correct. I was just able to open my liftgate without unlocking my Terrain. Thanks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Interesting, my LTZ must be unlocked first. I tried to open the liftgate with the remote without unlocking first and it wouldn't move.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I always thought I had to unlock first. May have read it in th owner's manual. Then one day I pressed and held the button and it opened right up!

Bonus, I thought.... just increased my productivity!

Hope that is your issue. I know there was a software issue of some sort with the Lambda vehicles that caused them to open on their own.

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
With our 2011 LTZ ..the liftgate will raise even if vehicle is locked.
We've had the Equinox for little over a week..and with my Solstice keys also in my pocket..the Equinox horn alarm has went off several times. Now I carry them in opposite pockets. Although the Equinox remote buttons seem slightly harder to push than the Solstice..they will accidentally go off much easier. Since the buttons seem so sensative...I have been concerned that the liftgate might raise when out of eyesight.

·
Registered
297 Posts
rickbb63 said:
Interesting, my LTZ must be unlocked first. I tried to open the liftgate with the remote without unlocking first and it wouldn't move.
I have to do the same thing. No opening the liftgate without first unlocking the 'Nox. Ours is an LTZ, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TheCrow1994 said:
I have to do the same thing. No opening the liftgate without first unlocking the 'Nox. Ours is an LTZ, too.
See then, that makes me wonder if there is a way to program the thing....

·
Registered
62 Posts
IceMan said:
with my Solstice keys also in my pocket..the Equinox horn alarm has went off several times. Now I carry them in opposite pockets.
It's well known that Equinox[/color] and Solstice[/color] don't go well together! ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JohnEqui said:
It's well known that Equinox[/color] and Solstice[/color] don't go well together! ;)
LOL, Excellent!

·
Registered
698 Posts
oracle said:
For me won't open the lift gate unless I unlock first.. SLT2-2010
Are you pressing and holding? I have had two '10 SLT-2s with build dates half a year apart and they both worked with the doors locked.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just another confirmation to throw out there, I can open my liftgate on my LTZ when the doors are locked by pressing and holding the button on the keyfob.

·
Registered
196 Posts
me too...can also open the liftgate from the fob without unlocking first.

did you try disabling the power liftgate feature by turning the knob on the overhead console?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
djmodifyd said:
me too...can also open the liftgate from the fob without unlocking first.

did you try disabling the power liftgate feature by turning the knob on the overhead console?
Yes, I have confirmed that it is the holding down of the button that opens it when the car is locked. I have not tried disabling it from the console, but that is a good idea for the times when I know I will be moving around a lot...last night it happened while I was playing pool. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts