GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't have the manual with me.
Can the doors on the Terraine be programed differently with each fob?
One fob to open all doors and the other fob to only open the drivers door?

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
GARYD said:
Don't have the manual with me.
Can the doors on the Terraine be programed differently with each fob?
One fob to open all doors and the other fob to only open the drivers door?
Don't think that's possible
Because you change the settings thru your radio not on each key fob

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
aqcs60 said:
I have to ask!!! What would make you want to change the fob settings like that? ::)
SO WIFIES FOB ONLY OPENS THE DRIVERS DOOR AND BIG STRONG HUSBANDS FOB OPENS ALL THE DOORS JMO

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife wants all the doors to open....why......?????.... only a woman can answer that. ::) I will never understand the mind of a woman. ;D

I, on the other hand, don't want to keep opening and closing 3 additional lock mechanisms every time I open the drivers door. Now I have 3 times more possible items to wear out or break.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just woke up so bare with me, if you press the unlock once doesnt it just only unlock the drivers door and then press it twice it opens all of them?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
cottonseed said:
I just woke up so bare with me, if you press the unlock once doesnt it just only unlock the drivers door and then press it twice it opens all of them?
Yes, that's how ours works.

·
Registered
441 Posts
gearhead said:
Yes, that's how ours works.
thats hows almost all fobs work in the world...

·
Registered
468 Posts
my point exactly, if thats how it works then why would they need to be reprogrammed? maybe i missed something.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree. That happened to me just before I programed it for all doors, but my wife is stubburn and WANTS all door to open on one push of the botton. Kinda like how I wanted the remote start to start on one push of the button like all the remotes I've ever owned...never had to push two buttons.

·
Registered
441 Posts
wow....its one extra button push......

·
Registered
635 Posts
I set mine on NOX to open all doors with one push. I hate that on our Vue I have to do it twice. On the Vue, I unlock then try to get in the hatch or back seat then have to fish back into my pocket to get fob back out again. Then I push again drop keys back into pocket...still no open..too much time has passed so I must fish out keys again and push twice again. Only happens to me a few times a week! :p My wife likes the double push....she feels safer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts