GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Don B said:
On the subject of remotes, did any of you see the thing about holding a remote under your chin or by your temple to increase the range? PcWorld magazine had an article about it that several of the staff tried and claimed it increased the range from about 100 feet to 140 feet. They must have been using vehicles with the older remotes because I know my remote will work way over that range just using it in the normal manner. In fact I've wondered if GM did something to increase the range because of the remote start. I know the remote for the Nox will work a whole bunch farther then the remote did for my old Impala.
I've had aftermarket remotes installed in my vehicles since the early 90's and that little tip always worked when leaving work I'd be able to start vehicle that was parked at the far end of the parking lot from inside the plant(ever see how big a GM plant and parking lot are?) Now you can start it from the other side of the country with your iphone.I've tried that with current remote and I'm not sure it helps dismal range on it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.