GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My remote control system does not work, so I think it was my key. I bought new key and programed it, but the remote does not work yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I bought the Terrain used.
First, you can put the key programed in the ignition and turn to on position, but dont turn on the car. All lights turn on the DIC and you must wait until the security light turn off. Then remove the key and insert the new key and wait until the security light turn off. Now, test the function.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments.

I got this information in another forum about chevy autos.

I tried to do your instruction, but I can't to get this option in the information center. When I go to the vehicle info I have 4 buttons: menu, up and down arrow and set/clear, and after push menu button, I can see only 3 options: unit, tire presure and remaining oil life.

Is there any instruction more?

I am in Peru, I bought this vehicle in USA and put a special comand becuase I am a disable people.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The radio's menu shows this options: time and date setting, radio and phone setting and vehicle setting. After access to vehicle setting, there are another options more: climate and air quality, covenience and comfort, lighting, languages, power door locks, remote lock/unlock/start and factory settings.
I tried to do the instructions sent here, but is imposible, so I think that my problem is in the remote control sensor, because like I commented before, I bought this used car with electrical problem.

If anyone knows more instructions for discard this, please help me.

I asked my friend in miami to do repair it, but after received it here, I had to check all again. First I ask the service manual by internet, and after that, I can remove and disassembly the instrument panel, DIC, radio, etc, etc. Then, I replace cables damage an clean all connectors. Now, my car is ok, but only a little problems like this, but little by little I want to repair all little details.

Another problem is in the steering wheel , when I turning on first time, the movement does not good, but after a low force, then it works very good until I have turn off the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fortunately, I can get a locate chevrolet dealer and they verify about the remote system. Then we could conclude that perhaps there is a problem in the wiring, shall review and perhaps change the sensor.

Now, I could enable my second key, but the remote funtion does not work, yet.

Also, after my visit to chevrolet dealer, I got to solve my steering wheel problem. They reprogramming the sterring angle.

Thanks for your help friends.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.