GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
mateito said:
No, I bought the Terrain used.
First, you can put the key programed in the ignition and turn to on position, but dont turn on the car. All lights turn on the DIC and you must wait until the security light turn off. Then remove the key and insert the new key and wait until the security light turn off. Now, test the function.
This is a correct procedure to program. If it doesn't work then there are other problems in the system.

·
Registered
338 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
Just to clarify, don't you need both original keys? As I understand the procedure, you insert original key 1, turn to ON position, remove, then insert original key 2, and do the same. The last key is the new one you want to program. Correct?
You may be right, but I'm not sure. Never had anyone wanting to purchase a new fob/key unless they were down to only one. I would think you don't need both since only the new one needs to be programmed. If you have 2 master keys and want to program a third, I would think you would only need to use one master. The old fobs required both being programmed at the same time when you use the TechII scanner, if you choose the erase all old fobs option when programming. You could however add a new fob and not need all masters. I'm sure someday an equinox owner with two fob/keys will add a third and I will know for sure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.