GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
mateito said:
No, I bought the Terrain used.
First, you can put the key programed in the ignition and turn to on position, but dont turn on the car. All lights turn on the DIC and you must wait until the security light turn off. Then remove the key and insert the new key and wait until the security light turn off. Now, test the function.
Not sure where you got those programming instructions. Try this.

Sit in the car’s driver’s seat. Insert the key and turn it ON. Push the INFORMATION button on the information center until the display reads PRESS TO RELEARN KEYS. Push the CHECK button. Push and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on the remote. Wait about 15 seconds or so. You’ll hear the horn chirp. The remote is programmed. Repeat for the additional remotes you need to program; you can program up to 8.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I pulled the remote programming instructions off of the Internet. I wondered why you would need 8 remotes also LOL.

Also, I found out that the instructions apply to 2010 model Terrains and Equinoxs only. For 2011 you have to go to a dealer and have it done with a Tech II.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.