GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reluctant to upshift

My 2010 LTZ V6,auto trans is reluctant to upshift from 5 to 6 sp unless I let off on the accelerator. Most noticeable when accelerating entering on highway shifting thru all gears. Brought it to dealer today and I was just told by service advisor that this is normal. Any imput would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: reluctant to upshift

Just going by what you posted "when accelerating entering on highway" it sounds like it's performing as it should...most of us have the opposite problem with the tranny trying to reach 6th as fast as possible. Of course if it never reaches 6th while you're cruising on said highway then that could be an issue. What rpm's is your engine doing at 65-70mph?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not exactly sure of rpm at the time of no upshift but will verify to be exact. By the way after picking up vehicle today the service advisor checked for software updates on my recommendation, none, road tested and found normal operation, will test drive with csr upon request. He at first replied that the computer has to learn the driving habits of each driver i.e. one might be aggressive as opposed to the other. I cannot accept that at this point since is a vehicle only to be driven by one person! I need further investigation. Thanks

·
Registered
2,772 Posts

Keep me posted regarding what you find at the dealer. Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions in the meantime. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts