GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed a receiver on a 4 cyl? It will only be used for a bike carrier, other stuff like that...not planning on towing. I'm getting an LTZ with park assist, wasn't sure if it would be compatible, or if it would be best to get the package from the dealer or aftermarket stuff from amazon...The trailering package is only an option for the 6cyl so wasn't sure if I'd have pre-drilled holes on the 4 cyl LTZ, and if park assist could be disabled- Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Re: Hitch on a 4 cyl

The 4cyl is rated for towing as well..but I think a transmission reprogram is required in addition to the hitch hardware. If it's just for a bike carrier then the hitch by itself should be fine...either dealer or aftermarket.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The 4 cylinder Terrains do have the dealer towing package option. Keep in mind that the towing capacity is only 1500 pounds, so that is like a small trailer for jet skis or snow mobiles. Also the receiver is a 1 1/4", so you are already limited by what kind of hitches and accessories that you could use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, this is on an equinox, main concern was if the holes are there and if I can disable park assist, I read someone was having trouble doing that on a 4cyl.

·
Registered
635 Posts
hook13 said:
Thanks, this is on an equinox, main concern was if the holes are there and if I can disable park assist, I read someone was having trouble doing that on a 4cyl.
You can disable it in the DIC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts