GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall number 10370, front safety belt buckle anchor may fracture and separate in a crash. Called the dealer and they know nothing about it, said they would call me back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
You say you received a notice. From who? I went into my dealer and they knew about the recall but if not for this forum I still would know nothing about it. Just wondering who's responsibility it is to notify the owner or is it our responsibility to find out about safety recalls? Also, if people are being notified, how long ago and how were you notified?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
We should get notified via us mail by GM. I'm pretty sure they said the noticed would start late January.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
I got the notice in the mail today for this Recall. It says issue exists in Certain 2011 model year GMC Terrain vehicles.. Maybe it doesnt effect ALL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
297 Posts
i got my notice today too. The salesmen was previously telling me to set up my free 75 day inspection visit this week. I will do them both at the same time. With a recall, I can take advantage of a ride to work or a free loaner car if needed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
After asking how others were notified I got my monthly Onstar report email today and it tells me about the recall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the recall yesterday. It's from Chevrolet. It specifically says: Your 2011 model year Chevrolet Equinox, VIN ################, is involved in a safety recall 10370. Schedule an appointment with your Chevrolet dealer. This service will be performed for you at no charge.

My dealer did call me back and we're doing it this Thursday. I'll let you know how it goes and what they do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I just got a call from the dealer, from whom we bought the car, informing me that our Nox is part of the recall. I got an appointment for Thursday. They told me that there will be an inspection which would take an hour. What will happen after that, I'm not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
We haven't received a recall for our 2010, so is this specific to 2011 only?

If so, what changed in the seat belts from 2010 to 2011?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
441 Posts
2010Nox said:
We haven't received a recall for our 2010, so is this specific to 2011 only?

If so, what changed in the seat belts from 2010 to 2011?
perhaps a different company making the bracket, different machine stamped them, different metal compound, new (dumb) employee working that machine....doesnt have to be the design that changed for a recall to happen...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
gar187er said:
perhaps a different company making the bracket, different machine stamped them, different metal compound, new (dumb) employee working that machine....doesnt have to be the design that changed for a recall to happen...
True enough!

Probably a new dumb employee who doesn't give a sht, assembling the brackets from a new supplier that uses recycled Hyundia Pony's and Dodge Omni's from the 80's. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
On time I had a recall on a door handle. The tech just pulled the power lock from inside the car. If the inside was solid (Not an open piece) it did not have to be replaced. Mine was solid so it did not have to be replaced. I believe the recall is for 2011's not the 10's. They change supplers sometimes to save a few pennies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
We got the recall notice on our 2011 Nox. I took the vehicle into the dealer and had the oil changed and the recall done. Took about 1.5 hours at the dealer. I drive it home and all seems o.k. Next day my wife drives the car and since she is shorter than me, she adjust the powered driver seat forward. When she got home, she informed me that the seat belt light and chime was on. I go check and see the wire for the seat belt warning laying under the driver seat. They had left the wire support clip off and the cable dropped down behind the seat rail, when she moved the seat forward, it pulled the wire out of the connector. There were a few small broken plastic pieces under the seat. I checked the passenger seat, and they had left that clip off as well. I put the wire back together and put both clips back on, then called the dealer who asked me to bring it back in. If they repair it correctly will require the connector or wiring harness to be replaced. Not looking forward to this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
kencal51 said:
We got the recall notice on our 2011 Nox. I took the vehicle into the dealer and had the oil changed and the recall done. Took about 1.5 hours at the dealer. I drive it home and all seems o.k. Next day my wife drives the car and since she is shorter than me, she adjust the powered driver seat forward. When she got home, she informed me that the seat belt light and chime was on. I go check and see the wire for the seat belt warning laying under the driver seat. They had left the wire support clip off and the cable dropped down behind the seat rail, when she moved the seat forward, it pulled the wire out of the connector. There were a few small broken plastic pieces under the seat. I checked the passenger seat, and they had left that clip off as well. I put the wire back together and put both clips back on, then called the dealer who asked me to bring it back in. If they repair it correctly will require the connector or wiring harness to be replaced. Not looking forward to this.
Looks like your dealership put one of their best guys on that job. ::)

Our dealership does a good job on our vehicles because I know most of the guys that do the work and if they do a bad job I'll do a bad job on their building systems. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I took mine in last Friday. They did the work for the recall and I also had my first oil change. It took about an hour at the most.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top