GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a used 2011 Equinox LT2. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the rear wiper/washer fluid to spray. Push the lever? I do that, the wiper goes but no fluid. I checked the level and topped it off just in case. Still nothing. Anyone have this sort of issue? -Scott

·
Registered
194 Posts
Do the fronts spray? Since it is used did the previous owner put water in tank and it froze?

·
Registered
715 Posts
A 2011? Wouldn't that still be under warrantee?

Cracked hose, hose falling off nozzle, etc....

Another thread mentioned that there is a separate motor for the rear sprayer.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Frozen might be my first thought also. If it might be the case you could try putting a warm hand on the nozzle for a bit and then try again (of course if its froze all the way through the hose it won't help).

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Scott,

I noticed your post on the other thread as well. The rear wiper controls are on the end of the windshield wiper lever. Press the upper or lower portion of the button to control the rear wiper and rear wiper delay. The system turns off when the button is returned to the middle position. Push the windshield wiper lever forward to spray washer fluid on the rear window. The lever returns to its starting position when released. This can also be found on page 5-4 of your owner's manual. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have found out what was wrong. I noticed after filling to the top and trying to spray, it wasn't full anymore so I decided to back up and sure enough there was all my blue wiper fluid right there in the white snow. It was towards the back of the vehicle so it is traveling, just not making it to the windshield.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Scott,

I noticed your post on the other thread as well. The rear wiper controls are on the end of the windshield wiper lever. Press the upper or lower portion of the button to control the rear wiper and rear wiper delay. The system turns off when the button is returned to the middle position. Push the windshield wiper lever forward to spray washer fluid on the rear window. The lever returns to its starting position when released. This can also be found on page 5-4 of your owner's manual. Please feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

That's not my problem. Reservoir is full. Not sure how to fix mine.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Can you hear the pump trying to pump the fluid? Have someone push the buttons while you listen for the pump at the rear of the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,499 Posts
Colt, is the pump at the rear, or inside the engine compartment ?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Not sure what year you have, my 2014 uses the same pump and reservoir for the front and rear.
The switch/BCM will reverse the polarity on the pump.
A leak or blockage in the hose to the rear is common.

Reactions: bigb12359

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Colt, is the pump at the rear, or inside the engine compartment ?
Hmmm ... good question! I just assumed it was at the rear because it is with my Taurus. But then again - the Taurus has a reservoir at the rear and the Nox doesn’t, so maybe it is up front!

That’s a long way to run a tiny hose! I could see that getting detached, broken, or frozen (this time of year).

I’m not near my manuals or I’d look it up, but I have to replace a headlight today, so I’ll try to remember to give my rear washer a test. It might be the 1st or 2nd time I’ve ever pushed that button since I punted on trying to replace the rear wiper blade years ago (LOL!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts